Recent content by leachy

1. L

Fluid MTB from Anaconda

No Complaints with my Fluid bike Hi All Just reading through the different posts and it seems that alot of people put down something just because it apears cheap, and because it is cheaper it has to be rubbish. I purchased a Fluid Rhythm about 6 weeks ago when it was on sale and this bike...
  2. L

Fluid Mountain Bikes

Hi All After looking for a few months and seeing what was available I ended up buy a Fluid Rhythem at a little over $1200.00. I looked at alot of other brands Giant, Norco, Merida, Mongoose and rode a couple as well. For the compent level that the fluid got and somthing in these other brands...
  3. L

Difference between SLX and XT Cranks

Its all interesting!!!!!
  4. L

Thanks, thats what I thought. For 36grams and alot of money I will take a 36ml leak before I go for a ride each time.
  5. L

Hi All In the real world is there a big difference in quality or durability between SLX and XT cranks. I looked on the Shimano web site and theres on 36 grams difference, but there seems to be a bit of a difference in the price betwent them, is the price the cost of the bigger ego or is it...
  6. L

24 spoke wheels

Hi Science, that's them, thanks for that, I got them last night and they look pretty good, better than my Alex wheels. I am planing on running a disk up front and v brake on the rear. Thanks for all the advice, I am sure that they are not as good as a $400.00 set of wheels, but I would be...
  7. L

24 spoke wheels

Yes that is them but they look like they have stainless steel spokes. The wheels feel way lighter than my current ones that came with my Norco Wolverine. If they last 6 months that will do me I guess, but I dont really want to be stuck 5km's from the car down a fire trail with a broken wheel.
  8. L

24 spoke wheels

Hi All My mate is offering me some Star Wheels???? at a pretty good price, I think $75.00 for the pair with Quando hubs brand new. They where purcased to fit on a bike but he ended up buying a whole new bike. The hubs can take disk and the rims suitable for V brake, my bike has disk front and...
  9. L

Could a Norco Wolverine Frame make a good bike

Thats whats happens when I try to do to many things at once, and hit the the post button before I realised that it was total jumble, but once its gone its gone. Sorry for such a bad/good example of how to destroy the english language.
  10. L

Could a Norco Wolverine Frame make a good bike

Hi All I was just after your opinion, which I know opens up a can of worms but I have a Norco wolverine 6061 aluminium frame from about 2002 in perfect condition, actually I have most of the bike, except rear derailier, it front the rear wheel. My question is. I can get all the parts I...
  11. L

Fluid Mountain Bikes

Thanks for all your help. Went there today and spoke with a staff member there and spoke to a customer while I was waiting, who was picking up a bike. He asked me if I was a club member, which I am and said you should have been there on Thursday as they had a further 20% off making the Fluid...
  12. L

Fluid Mountain Bikes

Thnaks for all the reply's. Going to Penrith today to see what I can see. Regards Leachy
  13. L

Fluid Mountain Bikes

Thanks for the advice much appeciated. I am not brand loyal in anyway except that I dont really want anything less than Shimano LX, the other brands such as SRAM I am not that familiar with. I have found another brand HASA that look pretty good value, from what I can see its the wheels...
  14. L

HASA Race7.0 (or others for $1000)

What happened how is the Hasa. I am thinking about one as well. I was looking at Fluid but this seems a better deal? Anones experiences would be most appreciated. Regards Leachy
  15. L

Fluid Mountain Bikes

Hi All New again to mountain biking. Haven't been ridng for about 10 years, just to busy. I have pulled out the old Norco Wolverine, thats realy not had that much use but the rear derailier when into the spokes last weekend, did a fair amount of damage. I am considering either upgrading most...