Recent content by lewie15

1. L

New bike choice advice

Thanks for the input. I haven't really been able to find any new Fuel 9.8's for around the $4000 to bring it in line with the Trance, which I think is a very similar bike. I'm actually going to look at a second hand 2018 Fuel 9.8, that looks like it's barely been used. They are asking for $3600...
  2. L

New bike choice advice

Yeah, not usually a fan of bright colours on bikes, but the orange does look nice.
  3. L

New bike choice advice

Yeah I agree with that. Issue is my local dealer doesn't have the Trance 2 in stock in my size and they are doing a pretty good deal on the Trance 1, which they do have in stock. Only $300 difference between the two bikes with the special that my Giant dealer are doing on the Trance 1. I realise...
  4. L

New bike choice advice

Really appreciate the replies so far. Sounds as though I can't go wrong with either one. Probably leaning towards the Giant for the new bike warranty and safety net of buying it from a local dealer. It's reduced to $3999 from the RRP of $5499, which makes it a pretty good deal. There are quite a...
  5. L

New bike choice advice

Looking for some advice around the two bikes below. I can get the Trance 29er 1 new at my local dealer for $3999 and a Trek Fuel ex 8 2018 29er second hand for around $3200. Both bikes have similar spec. Most of my riding is done on local mountain bike trails in Whyalla and Melrose in South...