Recent content by Loneryda

1. L

[What To Buy] 650b Trail bike - Norco / Rocky Mountain / Scott / ???

Well I know the Sight was awarded trail bike of the year @ what magazine last year and with the new 650b set up it's supposed to be better than last years...From what Ive read it's the stiffest frame too- definately good value for the spec. Watched one go down a track like a DH bike, they got...
  2. L

Busted up bike

I reckon your chain has come off the front chain ring leaving a big ol sag of chain that your rear knobs have picked up as the rear kept spinning(as you stopped pedaling to jump) I would most definately go see about warranty, at the very least your dealer should help you out of pure sympathy...
  3. L

Saint Cranks - M815 -1 and m815-2

Hey buddy I had a similar set up, If you look down at the crankarm spider you'll see one is thicker (for the second ring attatchment) and thus has a larger profile, however it doesn't impeed the chain line at all because it's for another chainline, (the granny ring) I found as long as you use...
  4. L

Stripped threads. RockShox SID. Update, Success!

Either a heli-coil m6 or a thread insert, I've done it to nearly all my forks at 1 time or another If you do the recoil don't drill it just stick the tap straight in and besure you start it nice and square. If you wreck that then get an insert they're brilliant from any bearing or bolt place.
  5. L

are we being scammed with the high AUS dollar?

I read the chain of command ...importers, distrubors, LBS, just wondering isn't the distro also the importer? Why does a brand only have 1 distrubor? perhaps splitting up this model would improve competition? Where LBS 's have more than 1 option to purchase their brands. If everyone has to...
  6. L

2013 Norco Aurum

Seen Bryn Aitkenson's from the worlds? He got it custom painted to green'n'gold it's on his FB page including the process, As far as I know they're in now, in dribs'n'drabs, all the new norco's are just starting to appear at the moment, the theme for this years production run is, "Value for...
  7. L

What the Hell is going on!!

Whilst I've never used CB's I do know the cleat is made of brass and therefore more prone to wear as opposed to forged steel, ala SPD's. Are you using the same set of pedals on both bikes? or do you have 2 sets? If it's the same set then it might be technique, I know myself if I land and go to...
  8. L

Is the market forcing us to adopt 29ers?

As far as I'm aware Aust is sorta like a left over market for a lot of companies, they bring out a glossy cataloge give it to the LBS and when the relevant worker orders from the cataloge they soon find out if it's available or not, Spesh aren't the only ones thats for sure. It's happened to...
  9. L

Mackay track

Cheers big-ears.
  10. L

Mackay track

I apologize for hijacking your track thread, turns out I've had concussion for four days, started seeing stars on Sat. afternoon and had to go back to hospital, errr obviously lost the plot there - not an excuse because I'm sorta like that without the wack to the head, but anyways, I certainly...
  11. L

Mackay track

It appears to me that you indeed do give a shit troll,but when have I ever needed or asked for your advice or judgement? NEVER. Sorry if you believe I'm an awesome rider for that will disapoint you as well, I know what awesome is and for sure I'm not that either and no where on this forum...
  12. L

Mackay track

Good now take a hike or should I say : sweet! because trolls get bored very quickly don't you!
  13. L

Mackay track

The silence is deafening!!!
  14. L

Mackay track

That was 2009 when I was doing the track THEN the committee in it's wisdom REMOVED EVRY TECHNICAL ASPECT OF THE TRACK because it was DANGEROUS??? "SOMEONE MIGHT GET HURT IF THE FALL HERE" and "I WILL LOSE TIME HERE IF I CAN'T RIDE IT AND SOME ONE ELSE CAN" and "IF I HAVE TO TAKE A B LINE I WILL...
  15. L

Mackay track

What crap is this?, "a better standing in the community??" "playing by the rules" WTF would you know? your not here you weren't there and if you think the trails are "sweet" at Rowallan you probably wouldn't have made it up the first climb at the Kinchant XC track and definately not over the...