Recent content by LordNikon

1. LordNikon

ALDI - 36pc Bike Tool Kit (Im not even joking)

Agreed. 5 years ago I bought a Pedro's Allen key set which cost almost $200. I have never regretted it for a second. They are/were/will be a brilliant set of tools that have not changed since the day I bought them. As everyone else has said, cheap tools get cheap results. Buy well...
  2. LordNikon

Orbea Alma - aka upgrade-itis gone mad

I know, but the original ones were too flat and narrow for me. Next on the agenda, slightly lower rise bars, new stem, and post. Then it's un-upgradeable, and therefore will require replacing. :p
  3. LordNikon

Orbea Alma - aka upgrade-itis gone mad

Now that my new race bike has been upgraded to, and possibly beyond, the point of ridiculousness I figured I'd post some pics. :D I'm very happy with this bike, easily the fastest hard tail I've ridden. Original spec: http://www.orbea.com.au/fly.aspx?layout=bikes&taxid=70&pid=410 Current...
  4. LordNikon

Crank Bros Cobalt XC Wheels on Special, Worth a Look?

I'm 90 odd kgs and run them on my hardtail, they're brilliant wheels. I was a little unsure when I got them but got a good deal so went for it anyway, I can't fault them. Mine have done around 1000 km's around Forrest and the You Yangs and are still perfectly true. At that price I say go...
  5. LordNikon

L'officiel Le Tour 2010 Thread!

They really don't come much harder than Jens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfiBbZJTx9s&feature=player_embedded
  6. LordNikon

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a calculated move by Cadel to hang back. He seemed to make sure that Contador couldn't match it and then stopped chasing. I think Cadel may have even been secretly hoping that Andy took the yellow to keep the pressure off him and his team for the time being...
  7. LordNikon

Great stage last night, really exciting stuff. Cadel now has a full minute on Contador, 30 seconds on Schleck and 2 minutes on Armstrong. I think we're going to see some huge attacks coming from Saxo, Astana and Radioshack when we hit the mountains in a couple of days. I'm quietly...
  8. LordNikon

Agreed, he really does show his inner princess sometimes. Must be that motor hidden in the down tube making him soft. :p
  9. LordNikon

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

Step 3 if I'm not mistaken. Essentially this process uses the original tube to shape the tyre correctly so that the bead naturally pushes out to the rim. Definitely a good idea. You may even find that now your tyres have been run with tubes for a while they will seal straight away.
  10. LordNikon

Best tyre choice for conditions in Victoria

The Schwalbe site does a pretty good job of that. http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/off-road_tires Personally I run Nobby Nic on the front of both my XC bikes, 2" UST on my hardtail and 2.25" EVO on my full suss. The full suss runs a 2" UST Ralph on the back and the hardtail a 2" UST...
  11. LordNikon

TUBELESS TYRE MEGATHREAD - All questions asked and answered in here!!

It can definitely be done, ignore the LBS. I've put Maxxis DH tyres on Dee Max rims, non - UST tyres on UST rims. Not to mention that Stan's tubeless conversions are essentially putting a non UST tyres on a converted non UST rim. It's not always easy to get them to seal, but it's...
  12. LordNikon

Pvr

I have a home built PVR using myth tv, it shits all over and anything else you can buy commercially. However, you need to know Linux to set it up. Or at least be willing to learn. Mine has 1.5 TB of space and I have enough drive bays to build that up to 8 TB if the need arises. Now with...
  13. LordNikon

Apple iPad

Wasn't suggesting it solves any problems, just an interesting tidbit for those that say it's an iPhone without the phone. :) For me, it's just a handy gadget that's nicer to use than the other handy gadgets I have which are capable of the same things. It'll certainly be interesting to see...
  14. LordNikon

2010 Forrest 6 Hour - Entries now OPEN!

I live in Point Cook and it takes me about 1hr 30 - 40 minutes to get to Forrest. So from Geelong I would think an hour, or just over.
  15. LordNikon

Apple iPad

Card Reader? USB? http://store.apple.com/au/product/MC531ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTc0Njk4NzU Check. Not much you can do with USB though, the OS isn't designed for dealing with individual files so mass storage wont do you much good except for importing photos from a USB drive or...