Recent content by LPG

1. L

which brakes trp vs magura

Sounds like a bleed issue to me. I've heard that some people have issues bleeding the maguras, particularly with air getting through where the bleed cup presses in. Get a bleed kit with a syringe that screws in has meant bleeding worked well for me.
  2. L

which brakes trp vs magura

I'm very happy with my Maguras MT5, had then for a year. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend magura 4 pots. Very powerful and plenty of modulation. Bleeding is easier than Srams (though I used an aftermarket bleed kit). The carbotec levers held up well in a crash that gave it a good impact, flipped...
  3. L

Pub Trivia

Middle name is "Any offspring of mine will be a fuckwit". A bit odd but its held up.
  4. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I don't believe that no one should have a dual cab ute, I believe most people shouldn't. There are some people who have a decent reason, the rest are doing it for fashion which I disagree with. How many people have transported a diff leaking oil in the last 3 years? Could it have been done...
  5. L

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I've fit my towbar to my 2006 xtrail and drove with 3 bikes on the back from wollongong to Bright and back. The rear end was sitting low but that is just as much to do with the camping stuff jammed in the back as it did with the bikes off the rear. I wouldn't hesitate to do the same with a...
  6. L

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Flanders red ales are a weird beer, but shouldn't be like coke. A bit like balsamic vinegar though could be about right though.
  7. L

Skewing the olive

I think your hose is too long and looks shit. Let's go for another round!
  8. L

New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

The Greenvalleys shitfight wasn't really the private vs free though. It was personalities and control issues as far as I have heard. I dont want to start posting what I've heard as I wasnt directly involved but it sounds like people failing to effectively work together towards what should be a...
  9. L

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

They all drank bleach
  10. L

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Optimism and happiness have a left arrow which I understand to be reducing...
  11. L

Home Brew

Agreed. Hoppy browns and reds are beautiful but you need more hops for their flavour to cut through the malt. American browns are probably my favourite style to brew or drink.
  12. L

Home Brew

It's been a long time since I've brewed belgian ales but I've been thinking it would be good to put a Dubble and some belgian pale ales. I've got som 3787 ardennes yeast, I look forward to getting some Belgians going. It's been too long. I typically use a liquid yeast for 2 to 4 batches. I'm...
  13. L

NSW Found sold

About par for the era then? It was a time when design often missed certain finesse. 99% of the bike could last the apocalypse except there is a dodgy junction or weld that let's go if you look at it wrong.
  14. L

NSW Found sold

Saw this earlier today and thought of your live for this era bikes. That was before I saw this thread.
  15. L

What are you listening to NOW?

Drums then?