Recent content by Machine

1. M

2016 Trek Remedy 9

My wife has one and has written a review which is on the Trek website and also Simple Cycles website "Robyn's Remedy Revelation"
  2. M

Tubeless ready wheelset for Giant Anthem X 29er - Recommendations please.

One set I got from Wiggle didn't come with rim tape and valve but the set from Pushy.com did. Both site states if it does or does not. Not hard to do if it doesn't.
  3. M

Tubeless ready wheelset for Giant Anthem X 29er - Recommendations please.

Yes these are the easiest rims to setup as tubeless. I only ever need to use a floor pump. I've got the Crest for my wife's bike Giant Anthem W 29er and the Arch Ex for my Reign.
  4. M

Illawarra escarpment trail

Or you could head a bit further south to Kiama and do the coast track. Undulating grass hills with awesome ocean views.
  5. M

Kowolski Classic 2014

Yep i was in wave 3B and was stuck behind a couple of guys doing about 15km/hr having a chat, talking about bike gear and what not. After a few ks of this i ask if i could pass whenever he had a chance but he continue to chat away. The guy behind me was getting pretty piss off also, so the next...
  6. M

Riding in Asia

HK is awesome for MTBiking, ride there everytime i'm over in Macau for work. I normally book with a tour guide never disappointed.
  7. M

Odd question - crying in 24 hour races

Nearly crying at Wembo Thats what i like about solo 24hr its more mental then Physical but at Wembo last year i was nearly in tears with stomach cramps for the first 11hrs of the race. had to pull out at 1130pm.
  8. M

29er or 27.5 or 26

I just brought an anthem 29er had it for one week did 50km test ride before doing 230km in the easter 24hr solo. First lap i was falling off on nearly every corner felt like a newbie on a MTB. I thought this 29er sucks but i lowered tyre pressure down and it was sweet. It was slower in tight...
  9. M

2013 Australian Solo 24 Hr Champs : Easter : Stromlo

It sure was a bastard of a hill!! which bastard was it again that included that into the course especially after blue tongue and little seymour. But then again we are nuts for doing it. Congrats to Jas super nice guy always having a chat everytime he passed me which was alot even in the heat of...
  10. M

James Williamson Enduro Challenge

You sounded like the guy my wife and i were talking to at the finish line. Events like this are great for new comers very relax atmosphere. Elite guys in MTB are totally different to other sports they are just one of us.
  11. M

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

Blackbutt is closed during total fire bans. BTW i was up there yesterday and there is a tree down heading down to the dam. The tracks are getting ridden more as its getting faster and not over grown.
  12. M

Blackbutt Forest Reserve - Shellharbour (updated with Video)

I live about 800m down the road from reserve. Heading up there for a quick spin with my wife this sunday am if anyone is keen to be shown around. Funny how you hear how many people ride up there but hardly see anyone when i'm up there.
  13. M

Canoelands NSW Trails

Check out trailflix it has trail description on Canoelands.
  14. M

Giant Anthem riders don't smile

I wish i could afford to buy a new Giant Anthem, still riding a carbon NRS1 and i drive a Hyundai IX35 and ride a Giant TCR advance roadie. I don't care NRS1 still gets me around solo 24hrs ten of them in fact without any mechanicals and the IX35 is a company car so free fuel WOOHOO!! BTW love...
  15. M

Chocolate Foot Nowra Round = AWESOME

I hate people listening to music during a race, its dangerous as in your case he couldn't hear you and if someone had stacked and was hurt yelling out for help he wouldn't have heard. Glad most races now have it in the rules that headphones are banned.