Recent content by Macr

1. Macr

Sticky clutch?

It is looking like the clutch in the freehub. I saw it over run and the chain goes slack on top. Then the derailleur pulls the chain back. Either that or the derailleur does not have enough tension in the return spring. But SRAM make millions of derailleurs, so I am leaning towards the hub. Time...
  2. Macr

Sticky clutch?

The clutch I am talking about is the freehub, not the derailleur.
  3. Macr

Sticky clutch?

I will have to see if I can replicate it on the work stand.
  4. Macr

Sticky clutch?

Nup. SRAM
  5. Macr

Sticky clutch?

How dare you insult me, by accusing me of having a dork disc. I demand a duel at dawn tomorrow! :p Yeah, I know, I was clutching at straws. Now back to this duel. Banjos or bagpipes?
  6. Macr

Sticky clutch?

Pfft, I ain't sending it to Belfast! :p I will investigate further, but most likely pull the freehub and inspect.
  7. Macr

Sticky clutch?

Not sure. Could be, could also be a stiff link. The bike is 80kms old though.
  8. Macr

Sticky clutch?

Vitus M5ER, 32H, Boost, 148x12mm, double sealed bearings, 6-bolt. Nothing too flash, just a house brand that came with the bike.
  9. Macr

Sticky clutch?

I have this issue when I stop pedalling. I get a clunk in the drivetrain. I am wondering if it may be the pawls not releasing instantaneously and the freewheel rolls the chain forward a little, pulling the derailleur forward. Then when the pawls disengage, the spring tension slams the derailleur...
  10. Macr

Best mobile coverage for Strava/fitbit etc

Yet you keep rehashing what I have already said, even when you are quoted.
  11. Macr

The discount code thread

I had a delivery from Wiggle via DHL delivered on 01 Apr. It took a couple days longer than they forecast.
  12. Macr

Best mobile coverage for Strava/fitbit etc

Thanks for rehashing what I said earlier.
  13. Macr

Vitus Sentier

Thanks Slowmick. I am happy with my purchase, especially when my last few bikes were $2.8k and up. I feel you do get great value for the money, noting that when things die like the cassette, I can upspec if I want to. As for a report, this is what I posted on Facebook. "First ride of the...
  14. Macr

Vitus Sentier

Neither would I, but I had $2k to play with and when it came over that budget from CRC, I looked for discount codes, other options and then thought to myself, see if Wiggle had any discounts running.
  15. Macr

Vitus Sentier

I am yet to convert to tubeless, that will drop some weight. Being a plus bike with 2.6" DH tyres adds weight as well. But at the end of the day it isn't about weight for me, if I wanted to reduce weight, then I could lose a couple of kilos, which would have greater value than dropping a kilo...