1. M

Cairns bike hire and tours/shuttles

Tropic Rides in Cairns is also worth a look. http://www.tropicrides.com
  2. M

AS NEW 26inch - Easton XC wheelset - 15mm front/142 rear - Black - SOLD

Are these wheels still for sale??
  3. M

Cairns wc track

Just to clear up the misinformation The Cairns WC track is able to be accessed by commercial operators. Commercial operators can apply for a Commercial Activity Agreement (CAA) to access the Restricted Access Area (RAA). This CAA has certain requirements and they are Risk management...
  4. M

Cairns wc track

A fact that is being ignored is that the restricted access area is open to commercial activity permits. To get one you must meet the criteria set by Parks relating to Risk Management, Liability pertaining specifically to DH MTB activity and also to having some accreditation. If you meet the...
  5. M

Cairns wc track

Govt is not destroying anything. Read what I posted carefully and you will see the club has access and will open it up every opportunity it can to allow people to ride it. The club currently has social DH days added to its calender and they are every sunday, when there are willing volunteers...
  6. M

Cairns wc track

Sadly things are not as easy or as simple as you make it out. The WC course is now designated a restricted access area. That means you have to meet certain criteria to have access to it commercially. Obviously the club meets the criteria as it runs events etc... and complies with MTBA...
  7. M

Cairns World Cup!!

I am very sure 4dabush and myself could send you plenty of information that would make her want to come here when the next one is on. :)
  8. M

Cairns World Cup!!

Access was a major problem. Both for spectators and medical. That is earmarked for immediate attention based on whether not we are officially back here in 2015. Nothing is official yet but there are behaviours from both CA and Trade Teams that indicate that is the case. We can only speculate...
  9. M

Cairns World Cup!!

You are preaching to the converted. I am attending a debrief tomorrow involving all stakeholders that will address all the problems identified and how to improve the event. If you guys have brought it up don't think for a moment that we haven't thought about it and have listed it down to...
  10. M

Cairns World Cup!!

Geez fellas, already writing Cairns off. Dam some are hard to please. Word I had re Stromlo was that thier first event was not as smooth as you might think, the World Champs went well in 2009 but I have heard there were still problems behind the scenes. It is a bit naive to think that an...
  11. M

Cairns World Cup!!

To rest easy any concerns. This will not be a slopfest. The rain, if any comes at all and most forecasts at this moment show 0-5 mm per 6 hours, that is not rain. That is perhaps light showers and most of the rain is focused around tully innisfail where it rains all year round. The DH access...
  12. M

Cairns World Cup!!

Weather is fine Weather will be fine for the World Cup . Track is still better than thredbo and you are still wrong in your assessment of the track based on video. There are 4 world cups and 1 world champs for Australia over next 4 years. Cairns has two world Cups and one world champs. It...
  13. M

Cairns World Cup!!

Apparently you missed the comment by a member of the event management team, THIS EVENT IS GOING AHEAD. We know our area, our weather patterns and our climate very well. This is a very good situation for the event. This cyclone moving through now guarantees perfect weather for the world...
  14. M

Comments on the Cairns XC WC course and its high technical difficulty

I spoke with Glen JACOBS about this very thing recently when some comment was made that certain parts of the track are seen as difficult and very technical. Glens response is the trails are built to test the best in the world. I agree with that because is that not what we want to see when we...
  15. M

Cairns World Cup!!

The situation is an ongoing one we deal with regularly. Riders regularly come across 4WD and motorbikes in the park and chase them out or pass on details to the Committee. Sadly it took an impending world cup for the media to take any interest as we have asked for stories before but never made...