Recent content by manik_shreda

1. M

08 Trek Fuel EX8 or 08 Commencal meta 5.5?

Yo! Snapped my AM frame this weekend and need a new rig. I like the look of the trek more and it's only $100 more. Any suggestions would be great! Cheers
  2. M

24" conversion

Hey Guys, I've gotta 06 Kona Cowan (large) with 26" wheels, but I wanna get 24's. Just wondering if 24s would suit the large sized frame and whether I need smaller forks. Also, what would it be like just havin a 24" on the back and a 26 on the front. Cheers!
  3. M

Forrest 6 hour Championships

The Forrest MTB and Cycling Club have an easter social event. Sunday April 12 Tracks 4 and 5 Forrest Trail head. 8am-10am (not 100% sure on time) Kids very welcome also. $10 per person, U18 $5--to cover chocolate, prizes, pancakes.:D
  4. M

backflip attempt

I first tried them into a dam, 5ft ramp and nailed them....then me and my mates thought next step. We made a tabletop jump which was perfect for trying them, with loose soil on the down ramp. Though when we went to try them, none of us could commit...keeped pulling out upside down. I found it...
  5. M

Do you listen to Music when Riding Downhill?

I've never even tried listening to music while riding...apart for in the city-work/uni. But when I did a snow season up at Buller I used my ipod every day while boarding. But when riding DH i think you def need to hear what ur bike is doing.
  6. M

24 or 26 inch wheels

Theres prob been a heap of these threads but....What do you prefer 24 or 26inch wheels? I ride 26's, never even tried 24's but thinking of getting some.:D
  7. M

360 help

I first got 3's on a dirt quater we made at some clay quarry, kinda like a step up. This way you cant hurt yourself. Not once did I fall off my bike, always landed on my feet if under rotated. If you dont get the full rotation, hold ur back brakes on and try and spin the rest on ur back...
  8. M

sold

still up 4 grabs? keeeeen
  9. M

Downhill at Forrest

A heap of us have spent hours continuously building DH tracks, jumps, north shore and freeride stuff. Alot of it has been destroyed. There was a DH part added onto Red Carpet which was efing awesome and they fell living tree's over the track, when there was nothing at all wrong with it. Jeff Fox...
  10. M

Downhill at Forrest

Hi there, Im from Forrest and have been pushing for a DH track for over a year. The Forrest MTB Club are all full-on into XC apart from a heap of young ones. I think it will happen soon, maybe in a year when the Club grows and we are better looked apon by PARKS and DCE. Forrest has alot of...
  11. M

DJ's around Geelong area

Just wondering if anyone knows of any dirtjumps or tracks around geelong. Apart from the youies and warnponds DJ's. Cheers
  12. M

how much would these be???

Would any one know how much a resonable price for these would be, or what you would pay. brand new Marzocchi 66 RV forks (160mm) 07 model brand new Syncros hubs w/ Sun Singletrack rims brand new 07 norco rampage frame Thanks 4 ur help
  13. M

how much would these cost???

Would any one know how much a resonable price for these would be, or what you would pay. brand new Marzocchi 66 RV forks (160mm) 07 model brand new Syncros hubs w/ Sun Singletrack rims brand new 07 norco rampage frame Thanks 4 ur help
  14. M

sold

PM'd you-very keen!!
  15. M

DH in Tassie

Hi guys, Im heading to Tassie in a few weeks with my bike, it would be very helpfull if you could tell me where the best spots to ride are. Downhill manily, but even some singletrails, dirt jumps and most defiantly freeride. Thanks heaps!!