Recent content by Mattyp

1. Mattyp

What does your day look like?

hands up who has a CFMEU sticker on their car?
  2. Mattyp

Which alum+coil bike?

The reign sx is a good bit of bike for the price. The DVO suspension is killer and with the 2020's not far away youll get a good deal. Big giant dealers are always more negotiable than the little ones, but dont be scared to ask around for a better price.
  3. Mattyp

VIC SRAM Guide R Front + Rear Brakes

Yup
  4. Mattyp

Price Drop! get these 2 brakes for the cost of 1 at sale price on MTBdirect.
  5. Mattyp

Item: Sram Guide R Front and Rear Lever/Callipers Location: Derrimut, Vic Item Condition: Basically new, couple of little superficial marks, came off a 2 week old bike about a year ago and kept as spares. Front Hose - 850mm Rear Hose -1580, pads in excellent condition only did 2 short rides...
  6. Mattyp

Shimano XT / SLX 12-Speed

dont waste your pennies...the XO still has issues.
  7. Mattyp

What have I done? Advice needed for fork decision

you may as well just have a couple more bongs and order some Zipp 3Zero Moto wheels, I hear they are supposed to be ok.
  8. Mattyp

VIC Lysterfield Park

Its a bit like people who ride "all the black runs" at the youies God forbid they go to NZ and point down a single black run for a warm up.
  9. Mattyp

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Trying to beat the winter blues by building up a frankenbike from parts in the shed. Something to mess around on the soon to be opened DirtArt pump / skills tracks at Footscray. So far it has cost me zero, but alas no cranks/bb in the shed.
  10. Mattyp

NSW Hayes 9 brake levers

I almost threw out a pair today when in the parts shed.... picked them up, and thought "as if im ever going to use these again....should just chuck them out... but they're Hayes 9's" so put them back to collect more dust.
  11. Mattyp

Tubeless Rim Tape Advice

+1 for E-13 rim tape
  12. Mattyp

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

voting green, not necessarily because I agree with everything they stand for, but because I hate that there are only 2 potential winners and that's all there has been forever, if the greens can win more votes and put them in a position of a bit more power it will keep the bastards honest. Give...
  13. Mattyp

Why do some duelies cost more than motorbikes?

therer are 2 questions here, will your $13k boutique bike make you any faster than on a comparable $5k Giant? is being a fancy pants on a fancy bike important to you?
  14. Mattyp

Protective gear for DH?

im yet to see a manufacturer release something and have them say "this is sooooo shit, don't buy it", Except for maybe Ohlins.
  15. Mattyp

Protective gear for DH?

Percentages of chance of injury are all bullshit anyway. Every crash is different, I have been riding mountain bikes and motorbikes for many years, and have only had 1 crash where I have hit my head whilst cartwheeling down a motocross track. Maybe 1 or 2 where I have lightly grazed an mtb...