Recent content by Mattyp

1. Mattyp

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

so you have 30speeds now? sick!
  2. Mattyp

How to New Bike Setup Advice

huge changes in geometry from the "we're never doing 29rs again" Trance to a modern bike. Ride it and adapt. The new bikes are really that much better.
  3. Mattyp

The stupid questions thread.

what about people who grab plastic bags to put their bunch of bananas in....or any veg for that matter.
  4. Mattyp

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

i had hope before this sundays roadmap announcement.... full pessimism now though.
  5. Mattyp

2 more months as far as im concerned....careful use of wording made it sound like only 2 weeks stage 3 had no 5km radius, but had to stay in metro melbourne....
  6. Mattyp

2 more months of 5km radius..........farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk
  7. Mattyp

The You Yangs Thread

Well shit, if someone wants to risk running into this by going the wrong way good luck to them
  8. Mattyp

The You Yangs Thread

i find the great circle drive is better for a full rally attack...its .one way so you know no-one is coming the other way
  9. Mattyp

The You Yangs Thread

if they seal the carpark they'll need to seal the road as well, and add about 15 speed humps to stop people hitting roos every couple of days, there's hundreds of them in the paddocks on the way in but people still do 100km/h right up until the carpark entry.
  10. Mattyp

Van life

What sliders/rails are you using?
  11. Mattyp

Gel or Chamois

Got a tip off a long distance roadie I know. Wear 2 chamois liners, the one underneath you wear inside out so you have lycra on your bits and the other one over that. Game changer on long rides.
  12. Mattyp

Van life

Keep it simple... I did 2 riding weeks in tassie in the back of my van, no pro install just folded the seats down chucked a mattress in, few storage tubs for food and clothes, awning and a basic cooking setup. Few days roughing it, a week on the river in derby, its surprising how much you dont...
  13. Mattyp

SRAM's Wireless Eagle and Dropper

except the time spent in 19T is less than time spent in all the other gears combined.....obviously, like when i drive my car it mostly sits in 6th on the freeway, but i wouldnt get rid of the other 5 gears as it would basically suck everywhere else.
  14. Mattyp

Confessions from the fuckwits

KARATE CHOP! Too soon? Sorry for your loss
  15. Mattyp

Aldi bike sale

Its funny because they aren't trying to knock off anything. What Aldi do is sample and market research a bunch of existing stuff on the market, then approach the manufacturer and get a slightly cheaper version made. It usually comes out of the same factory hence why the packaging is near...