Recent content by Mattyp

1. Mattyp

Protective gear for DH?

im yet to see a manufacturer release something and have them say "this is sooooo shit, don't buy it", Except for maybe Ohlins.
  2. Mattyp

Protective gear for DH?

Percentages of chance of injury are all bullshit anyway. Every crash is different, I have been riding mountain bikes and motorbikes for many years, and have only had 1 crash where I have hit my head whilst cartwheeling down a motocross track. Maybe 1 or 2 where I have lightly grazed an mtb...
  3. Mattyp

Prescription goggle/sungalsses

Having ridden MTB and Motocross for the last 15+ years, I have tried all sorts of goggle/glasses combinations, I now just have a pair of prescription sunnies that I wear for mtb, and for moto use my everyday glasses and bought the most basic Oakley O-frame goggles (the have the best breathing...
  4. Mattyp

All Mountain Tyres

I see Aaron Gwin has been reading my posts....lol https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Aaron-Gwins-Size-XL-Intense-M29-with-Kenda-Tires-Team-News,2610?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=spotlight&fbclid=IwAR3sUI7Hu1Z7F6HVKSt-JT9-Wagm33atwCN5BrpgPxrSWbbN_sl981wihH4 Yeah he's...
  5. Mattyp

Giant Anthem or trance?

+1 for the trance 27.5, i ride mine everywhere, Falls, Bright, Buller, Macedon etc... sure you can't bomb through a rock garden like on a DH bike, but with a decent 2.3 tyre they handle good, turn quick and roll fast, I've always preferred a fast light AM/Trail bike than a big burly 2.6 cush...
  6. Mattyp

Mt Buller - All you need to know

I shuttled with ATC at buller yesterday. Tracks were good a bit loose, but that's expected, could have used some rain the day before, we got a bit of drizzle through the day but don't know how much it helped the tracks. All said, the tracks are in good nick with a fair bit of work done to them...
  7. Mattyp

Mt Beauty or Falls Creek

second that... I did shuttles at falls this sunday just gone (23rd) its always good at the start of the season before all the dirt gets eroded/washed away, and it ends up a teeth chattering rock fest. It was good fun, even though the shuttle turn around was a bit average... Big Fella is good...
  8. Mattyp

All Mountain Tyres

Kenda Nevegal 2 Pro, get onboard.
  9. Mattyp

unknown

unknown
  10. Mattyp

COVE

COVE
  11. Mattyp

Denting rims

I don't think you can even begin to compare riding at Rotorua to anything at the You Yangs.... World Class MTB vs A small ant hill with groomed single track.
  12. Mattyp

Mont Buller EPIC trail help on planning a trip in 2 weeks

57.5km and 2776m climbing for me.... near enough
  13. Mattyp

Sold New Reverb Dropper

all good don't need it anymore, got a new one today.
  14. Mattyp

Sold New Reverb Dropper

Hey mate, is this still available?
  15. Mattyp

Sram Chain Compatability

So my bike came with a PC XX1 sram chain, after having this break recently on a ride I did a quick trailside fix to finish my ride and get back to the car which meant the chain was now too short. Anyway, I went to my local bikeshop to get a new chain and they only had PC1170 chains in stock...