Recent content by MelbRiDer

1. M

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I think probably because of the myriad of different racks and also the cost of the available ones. I’ve seen light bars for $250 Side note re the Vic law on empty bike racks. 10 years ago I’d just bought a Thule 3 bike hitch rack and it was on back of my car. Empty. I got fined for it!! One...
  2. M

Yarra Trails regulars

God why would they do that? Hurting no one
  3. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Who rides with head phones? Bloody dangerous
  4. M

Yarra Trails regulars

More to the point is there a hand drawn map of Yarra trails so I know wtf you're all talking about?
  5. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Is Bruce's loop the loop in the paddock on the right riding away from the city?
  6. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Where is the Big Dipper? Wasn't me anyway
  7. M

Yarra Trails regulars

I get your point about no official cutting can be done but totally agree if we all carried a folding saw every second time we rode there we could totaling clear the trails in no time. I'm getting on of the silky 50cm hand saws.
  8. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Just been reading up as I've always wanted to clear Yarra trails when riding then but never had the tools. Looks like the silky katanaboy is the best - I couldn't be fagged taking a proper chainsaw. The silky has a 50cm blade!!!
  9. M

Yarra Trails regulars

So if one wants to do some trail clearing what do you suggest? Electric chainsaw ? If so which one?
  10. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Some of the Yarra trails are virtual suicide - you cannot tell what is round the corner. Especially around westerfolds I applaud the opening up of corners as I can see broken bones aplenty
  11. M

Yarra Trails regulars

The real issue with trails in australia is that the parks people start off anti anything mechanised. Sure there are one or two rangers who accommodate us but the whole dept starts off saying no. If the dept could be sued for access (like what happens in the US) then there would be a lot more...
  12. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Reason it doesn't happen is it's not actually the rules. Yielding to walkers is common sense - I always do it on Yarra Trails. But the lack of formality hinders the widespread adoption. Short of privately installing our own 'yield to walkers' signs what else do you do?
  13. M

Yarra Trails regulars

I've always yielded - power and speed yield. It's a simple rule that shows and earns respect. Stop when walkers are near. Simple.
  14. M

Yarra Trails regulars

Seems very Australian to not want to share trails - parks vic have xero idea what the term yield means.
  15. M

Lake Mountain Super-G 2016

Having done the gg, does this mean I need a dh bike?