Recent content by microRobbie

1. M

Bargain buys thread

Dont know if this has been posted before but this was a very funnt pisstake on crank bros wheels (and more generally applicable to a lot of new shit that comes out) http://theteamrobot.blogspot.com/2013/12/breaking-news-from-team-robot_20.html
  2. M

Deore 12 speed

Thanks Nambra I've been considering doing the bolt mod for my GX eagle, or alternately going with Shitmano 11 or 12 speed. An upgrade to XO cassette/derailleur is prohibitive. I didn't think there was too much play in my B knuckle bolt actually but I guess maybe enough that with the inherent...
  3. M

Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Trappistes Rochefort 12. Those mono boys know their shit
  4. M

26 er Anthem Frame size L

Thanks guys. In the meantime big Luke is welding a gusset on the gusset, lets see. Rode the old hardtail today. It was a lot of fun until I hit a bump.
  5. M

No this is defo for me. I had mine crack at seattube top tube junction. Had a gusset welded there but its cracked again. Thanks.
  6. M

Item: After a replacement Anthem 26er Frame size L. Location: anywhere you are willing to post (I live in ACT) Price: ~ $100, its only a stopgap until I'm on a new bike. Extra Info: no shock needed, or cracks! Thanks
  7. M

Stromlo Upgrade approved

Id rather money spent remaking blue range or building an epic trail in the brindies. We acctually have the vertical potential of places like Thredbo and some of tbe Victorian destinations and Im sure a similar trail network in the ACT would attract interstate visitors like Thredbo etc. Imagine...
  8. M

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Ive got one of those bags and have never used it in the rain but wouldn't recommend deliberatly using it in rain on its own. It doesn't matter how waterproof it is as you need to open it to the elements to get in and out. It doesnt have a head awning so you will get wet. A lightweight fly or...
  9. M

Thanks for a great write up- really inspires me to get out on some longer rides. I could have been a bit more informative about the Bobyan road sorry- That right hand turn you didn't take sounds like the old Bobyan road and is not a bad option- it comes back onto the new road and avoids the...
  10. M

Which Tubless Valve?

If you don't want to spend money on tubeless valves you can just use old inner tube valves with removable valve cores. I just cut around the valve.
  11. M

9 or 10 speed STI shimano road shifter

Item: 9 or 10 speed STI shimano road shifter Location: Canberra Willing to pay: depends on type/condition extra info: prefer 9 speed. don't mind 105/ultegra/Duarace whatever. As long as it works.
  12. M

The bobyan road is fine. You can drive a 2wd on it so a cx bike should be ok i guess there is dirt and its steep in some parts and not super smòoth. I remember the corragations on the nsw side being pretty rough but thats one reason why i use a mtb for bikepacking.
  13. M

Wet Weather gear, any advice or suggestions?

I use different jackets- I use a thin macapc ~100g nylon type thing mostly that is good until it rains heavy. For truly shit weather the Mont hammerhead works. Its probably a bit of overkill actually for commuting in Canberra but that's what I use it for 95% of the time. I also take it on bike...
  14. M

Tyres for Mt Stromlo

I agree that the X king up front is a great tire for Stromlo. I prefer the race king on the back though, it has a more "linear" / controllable wash out. Another tyre I have been happy with is the Conti mountain king I. Not sure if you can get these any more (MKIIs are a very different beast)...
  15. M

SOLD. 26" SID XX 100mm. Straight steerer.

Hi Moorey I have a circa 2006 REBA U-turn (Team I think -was top of the three models back in the day) 85-115mm fork, 220mm steerer, 9mm. I actually used to use the U turn a fair bit for riding to trail head etc. And the adjustable damping is something I miss with the new SIDs. LHS...