Recent content by Miguel75

1. Miguel75

Any advise on where to ride when visiting Vegas

Ditch riding and go climbing at Red Rock;)
  2. Miguel75

Anyone made a claim against their MTBA insurance?

Thanks for your info Team, I’ll be off for approx 3 weeks. I’ll touch base with them this week and see what eventuates.
  3. Miguel75

Protective gear for DH?

Interesting figures from a link (from comments section on Pinkbike); https://www.actionsportsems.com/case-study-neck-brace
  4. Miguel75

Tell me about riding in Bright

Yeah it is sharp, and radtastic! How good is the first section before it crosses the road; that right hander up top, followed by that steep chute(?).... so rad;)
  5. Miguel75

Was that run on Mystic DH?
  6. Miguel75

I reckon they have more lip, and poppier, after the makeover. It’s definately smoother than it’s been in ages. I still reckon All mountain and WC downhill are better than Hero; raw, varied and fun.
  7. Miguel75

Useless Girlfriends bike

She seems less useless, and pretty awesome, given she keeps giving it a crack. Both my wife and daughter tried once and have given up:(
  8. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

Wifey, being all kind and loving, asked if a different bike (full sus) would have helped me stay safe... I told her the Chromag doctahawk with 175mm dropper would likely mitigate any issue that may be caused by my current bikes lack of ability;)
  9. Miguel75

I’m pretty lucky in that I’ve really good income protection insurance though figured I’d check things out.
  10. Miguel75

Hey gang, I did myself a mischief today at Mckayos and am being recommended surgery to repair the issue. I’m reading through the generic insurance details on the MTBA website, which state “ Personal Accident Insurance – 24/7 cover whenever you’re on your bike (for the duration of the event)...
  11. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

No green whistle, though if offered it now I’d suck the guts out of it;) Bike is a-ok, wrist hurts:(
  12. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

Overtaking on the fire road came into a corner way too hot, went over the edge, pinballed off a few trees and broke my wrist:( The bloke behind me got it on go pro so will post up when I get the copy. @moorey, did Trav do his elbow? I was inmedical with another busted dude... Hopefully he’s...
  13. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

On the way to hospital:(
  14. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

I’m up at falls as I type, watching the rain fall and getting ready for tomorrow. They’ve binned the creek crossing and it seems that means the dam wall ride is also out... anyone else know more?
  15. Miguel75

Who’s doing Mackayos?

You can always get some in Melbourne. Roof carrier systems in camberwell rent them (I believe)