Recent content by mike14

1. mike14

The bike industry crisis

I finally got my super about a month ago from the business I was working for that went under back in 2018. It's actually amazing how long it takes to wrap things up; and that was a very small company with what should have been a very simple accounting/recovery process
  2. mike14

The pet thread, post em up!

Jpez did we get dogs from the same place? Very similar story to the 'little' guy we got 6 weeks ago. 4.5 months old, he's already at 25kg despite being advertised as a 'medium' dog....
  3. mike14

The last movie you've last watched last

I have played one of the Fallout games (can't remember which one) for a total of about an hour and know nothing about it's world building except that it's set post apocalypse and lots of shit tries to kill you. I really enjoyed the TV series. I'm sure there's was lot of details that I didn't...
  4. mike14

Newly Released Bikes General

Interesting re-design. The last gen Altitude was a very fun ride (selling an alu frameset if anyone wants to find out for themselves!:)) although really wanted to be riding in steeper/harder terrain than most of what I was riding. Switching from ride-9 to ride-4 makes sense, it's useful for...
  5. mike14

Warburton trail updates

about time someone put on event catered just for me!
  6. mike14

You know you're getting old when ...

This was mentioned on the radio (RRR) this morning. Largest number of summer drownings since records started being kept properly in 2000. Lifesaving Vic hasn't had a funding increase in over a decade and has a huge backlog of people who are asking for swimming lessons. Apparently they'd need to...
  7. mike14

VIC Devinci Django, carbon frameset + fork + more - Large

Item: 2018 Django 29 carbon - size large with Fox float EVOL 120mm shock , plus everything you need to ride except chainring, cranks and wheels Location: Parkville, Melbourne (near Melb zoo) Item Condition: Really good. Ridden a lot but lovingly maintained. Photos show cosmetic damage to...
  8. mike14

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Granted it was now 3 days ago, but I went out and rode on single track for the first time since being in NZ back in Dec, and my first ride anywhere since end of Jan! Was nice to be back on the bike, and I pulled up far better than I thought I would, but the difference between Rotorua and You...
  9. mike14

What are you listening to NOW?

Scorsby (Carribbean Gardens) is an interesting location for a music festival. I guess it's good for those in the eastern suburbs. Could get a ride in at Lysty before you go... :D
  10. mike14

Hurstbridge to Yea

Not a drama. I'd be cutting out about a third of Rail Trail which kind of of defeats the initial purpose, plus in order to get to Hurstbridge earlier enough I have to get to a suburban station as the train doesn't leave from the CBD
  11. mike14

Hurstbridge to Yea

Thanks for the input guys. I'm meeting people outside of Mansfield on the Sunday night (which was the reason I was going to do the Rail Trail in the first place)and am busy all day Saturday, so have some annoying time pressures that constrain me. Based on your comments about the road caad9 it...
  12. mike14

Hurstbridge to Yea

I was meant to be riding the Victorian Rail Trail this Sunday, but the good people at V-line have replaced trains with buses and altered the schedule, which means I have no way to get to Tallarook. There is the option for me to train to Hurstbridge and ride up to meet the Trail near Yea through...
  13. mike14

Is it possible to sue Strava for defamation/slander? Went on a cruisy ride around the Yarra on the Paradox and when I got back it suggested I may have been on an e-bike and I should change my settings :mad: :D:D
  14. mike14

Flew into Auckland and drove down. Family of 4 so we needed 2 cars to fit the bike bag, but it's worked nicely so far going us bothe freedom to roam
  15. mike14

Rotorua Day 2 was not much riding but the rafting was great, withe the 7m drop being a highlight. Perfect weather to float down the river for a spell too! Day 3 (today) and I thought I'd found a shortcut from where we are staying to the trails. Said shortcut turned out to be an up hill...