Recent content by Mikew82

1. M

what do i need to make this a decent xc bike?

Wicksey, I had (almost) the exact same bike- a haro V3 that I started with and tricked up a bit to make more capable for a few XC races, adventure races and just genuine trail fun. Like you budget was an issue and I found the following things relatively cheap and easy to upgrade and made a big...
  2. M

Dirt trails around Busselton?

Meelup Regional Park in Dunno has some excellent trails. I have only ridden the trails that have been selected for the Anaconda in the past, but some sweet trail, good mix of fire trail and single track, and all on the door step to town.
  3. M

XC rides mid week

Hey all, Being on a rotating shift, at the moment I have mid week off so looking to do a few xc rides. Mainly ride john forest, jarrahdale, and some trails around gungin/ little oven/ mundaring and the likes, but would like to find this mystical spot that I hear that leaves from kalamunda...
  4. M

Compact cranks

Do not ever admit to having compact cranks, youll be the laughing stock of the peleton...:D My understanding is no need for a different derailleur, fairly sure campag just have the same derailleur, just different crank set options. You will need to have the derailleur set down the seat tube a...
  5. M

Getting started in road, what to buy?

Ill will reinforce some of the above points and hopefully suggest a few more... Carbon fork in this bracket IMO is much of a muchness compared to alloy. You will probably get a better quality alloy fork in the likes of a scott (and better associated components) than you would in something...
  6. M

XC frame geometry feedback

Thanks some guy, (and to all others) Would the XTC2 be a better option considering I am after something with a slightly more 'racey' feel? I have had a ride of a 2007 model, albeit a size to small, and I did like it, felt very responsive, especially cornering, and comes well specked. The...
  7. M

Thanks for your feedback, sounds like it may not quite be what Im looking for, however I will get to see one in the flesh next week, so we will see what sort of a test ride its like. Im after something that does climb well, as, strangely enough I dont mind climbing (perhaps its just the bit...
  8. M

Alchemist, thanks for that, the bike in question is not a giant, but is in direct competiion with the like of the XTC2. Unfortunately it is a brand new release for this manufacturer of 2009, hence I am unable to foresee anyone having riden one to pass comment. I more interested in how the...
  9. M

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster here... anyhoo, Im after some feedback relating to geometry for a XC hardtail. I have been given some specs and and would like some input from learned persons out there how this geometry would go as a XC bike suitable for trail riding and the...