Recent content by minhtam

1. minhtam

Touring Amsterdam to Copenhagen - sanity check

Thank you both for your replies. Cave Dweller, thanks for the advice about camping vs. hotel hopping. We considered it, but then we read about the supposedly free or very cheap camping in Denmark and along the North Sea, so we'll go with that this time round. We've got bushwalking gear that...
  2. minhtam

Odd question - crying in 24 hour races

I've felt like crying in (team) 24 hour races lots of times when things don't work out at 3am or 4am. Have an off, a flat, or even just not perform as expected. I've also felt like crying in multi-day adventure races and in overnight rogaines. While I've come to accept that it will be a feeling...
  3. minhtam

Touring Amsterdam to Copenhagen - sanity check

Hi, the better half and I are planning on riding from Amsterdam to Copenhagen in the middle of this year, over two and a half weeks. We've done local three-day tours before, either camping or staying in pubs, but haven't done anything this long before. The longest single day ride we've done...
  4. minhtam

Old xc frame

I've got a 2009 Iron Horse MKIII Sport frame that has been sitting in the shed for about a year. I haven't put it up for sale because it hasn't been in the way... Also I don't have trading access yet. It's a 19" (I'm 180cm), and the original setup came with a 140mm fork, but I rode it with...
  5. minhtam

The Mont 2013.

you guys were mighty impressive! Are these unicycles geared?
  6. minhtam

The Mont 2013.

Drunken Noodle was surprisingly hard work. It's not even that steep, but the dirt there seemed different, softer somehow.
  7. minhtam

Scott 24 Hr 2012

Had a great time in a team of 6. Photos are a bit disappointing though - the spots where they were taken aren't exactly exciting. There are ten snaps of me riding up the DD firetrail chatting to some other guy. Nothing on Deep Creek, nothing on Party Line or Dingoes?
  8. minhtam

Photos - Kowalski Classic

Thanks for being out there with your camera! Great photos.
  9. minhtam

[ACT] 2012 Australian Marathon Championships - Stromlo, 10th June

I didn't enter because I am not familiar with some of the tracks on the backside and their difficulty. I'm not keen on riding an unknown trail for the first time in a race... But I'm still on the fence. Might turn up on Sunday morning after all.
  10. minhtam

MONT - 2012 - Saturday late afternoon - first of two

thanks for these. found one of me :) I saw a surprisingly large number of Kanangra Classic jerseys out there that weekend.
  11. minhtam

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

We bought the packages of our identified photos but the metadata doesn't have any time stamps. The date is right, 9th and 10th of April, but all of the photos have a time stamp of 12:00AM. :(
  12. minhtam

The Mont24 Hr - 2011, Mt Kowan

I'd like to thank the rider who helped my gf with her cramp after I took over from her at transition. Many thanks. She went out to ride another three great laps in night and mud. Loved it. We'll be in again next year.