Recent content by mjacko69

1. M

Fox 350/400x3.25 spring (or swap for 500)

What: Fox DHX Spring, either 350 or 400x3.25 Price range/Willing to Pay: make me an offer Location: Canberra Extra Info: Will consider Ti spring, or swap for 500x3.25
  2. M

Postage Problems (urgent)

I've used AirRoad Direct and I think the cost was $127 door-to-door (Melbourne to Canberr) for a DH bike, already boxed. I think Pack & Send were slightly more expensive, but may have been able to pack the bike as well.
  3. M

Spring rate & pre-load on Giant DH Comp

OK, thanks.
  4. M

I've measured the stoke & it's definitely 2.75". My spring is rated at 2.75 also, so I am wondering if the spring should be more than this length, so that I can apply pre-load? I'm still only getting about 2cm sag. Does anyone know what the standard spring is on the DH Comps (my bike was...
  5. M

Manitou rear spring for 06 DH Comp - 400lb

What:cheap 400x2.75 manitou spring for an 06 Giant DH Comp Price range/Willing to Pay: Location: Canberra Extra Info: I believe that a 3" spring may in fact be ok too.
  6. M

Lights?

I can highly recommend the Australian made Lumen8R HID - more info on CORC. http://www.corc.asn.au/classifieds/detail.asp?iType=31&iAd=2913
  7. M

What's an 05 NRS2 worth?

I saw the thread on the 03 NRS1 & since I was thinking of selling my wife's 05 NRS2, wondered what it might be worth? She has barely ridden in the 18 months she has had it, so it may have done 500kms, as I've used it a couple of times. Everything is standard on it, and it's in top condition...
  8. M

All mountain advice.....Please!

I've got an 06 REIGN 2 and have had no problems with it at all. And I've ridden it at Thredbo too. Great value for money ! There are 3 things I changed though. (1) tyres, although the 07 models have Barracudas which look ok, (2) I just recently put a 110mm stem on instead of the 90mm. It...
  9. M

Mine's an 06 model, but I presume it's the same as the 05. Either way the spring rating has a 2.75 stroke. I found a second link to calc, but it gives a different answer to the earlier one: http://www.mojo.co.uk/springcalc.html The Giant website used to have previous models of bikes, and it...
  10. M

Thanks for the tips Thanks for the tips so far. Sounds as though I'm in the ball-park with sag, 2cm in 2.75" is as someone said 30%. Although the http://www.tftunedshox.com/springcalc.htm link suggests (73kg, 2.75, 8.25", plush DH) that I might need 350 (4-bar with spv). Any further...
  11. M

Can anyone advise on the best spring rate for a 73kg rider on a DH Comp? I've got a 450x2.75 at the moment, and I'm having trouble measuring sag accurately (I think I'm only getting about 2cm). When the owners manual says at least 1mm of pre-load, I presume that means 1 full turn? Also, will...
  12. M

bottom bracket issue on 06 Giant DH comp

Thanks for the replies so far. Yes , the chain rubs on the chain-guide when in the lower gears, but that's another issue (dodgy chain-guide) - can anyone recommend another (not too expensive) chain guide while I am on that subject? This problem is evident when I take the chain off totally...
  13. M

bottom bracket issue on 06 Giant DH comp

Has anyone had problems with the BBs on the Giant 06 DH Comp? Mine feels a bit "notchy", but it's a second-hand buy so perhaps despite the bike looking almost new, it could have a bad BB. I've taken the chain-guard, cranks etc off and it feels OK. It only feels bad again when I tighten the...