Recent content by mjb123

1. M

WA Sold

SOLD Item: Brand new 2015 Santacruz Bronson frame Location: WA but happy to post at buyers expense Item Condition: brand new. Never been built up. Reason for selling: it's a warranty replacement but I am thinking of swapping to a nomad so I have held out on building it up. Price and...
  2. M

Buy bike in LA and post it to the airport?

So I have a slightly strange one. I am heading off the canada this year and was looking to pick up a nomad on the way over. The plan was to buy a bike online and get it shipped to somewhere near LA and pick it up on the way through to Vancouver. The trouble I am having is to find a good shop...
  3. M

(Air). Inline or DB?

i have run both I have run both on my Bronson. Nearly 12 months on each - the RP23 that came with the bike along with a CCDB CS that I bought a little later on. Whilst everyone seems to rave on about the CCDB, I personally don't think the difference is that great. Its better, but not that much...
  4. M

YT bikes now to Oz!

Price So I am genuinely trying to price up a capra and want to make sure that I have the worked out the total cost correctly. It looks like it's: - Frame price $x - shipping $189.95 - GST @10% - CC surcharge @2.2% So my question is do we need to allow for Australian GST and customs...
  5. M

Chain Reaction Bike Bag (Evoc Rip-off), anyone have one?

Stick with the original. I just bought an evoc from my lbs for $20 more than the CRC bag - a known product, at an excellent price and local. Win win
  6. M

Specialized internal cable routing - does it have an internal guiding system?

Another way Another option if you are starting from scratch is a piece of thread and a vacuum cleaner. Just start feeding the thread in, and use the vacuum cleaner to suck the thread back out the other hole. Tie the thread on to your housing/cable and feed it through
  7. M

All Mountain Tyres

This is the key. The high roller is a good tyre, but play with pressures. Given that it on the front, and with most people running tubless setups nowadays you can run significantly lower pressures than you used to.
  8. M

FOUND Hope Pro 2 cassette barrel

How about this? http://www.merlincycles.com/hope-pro2-evo-pro3-replacement-freehub-body-51254.html Pretty expensive beer though....
  9. M

trip to nz definately worth it

Shuttles Just a quick question. Are private cars able to drive some of the access roads in the redwood Forrest? I just want to know if you can do your own shuttles or if south star is my only option.
  10. M

Another NZ trip question. Queenstown and Rotorua; hit me with suggestions

Shuttle Who did you organise to take you to/from the airport? Planning a trip for Feb next year
  11. M

The discount code thread

one more thing One more thing. There are so many other options out there, with variable shipping times but in almost every case with cheaper prices. Unfortunately with CRC we seem to pay a premium for their product selection......
  12. M

The discount code thread

my turn to bag CRC Placed an order with Wiggle and CRC approximately 5 minutes apart on a Thursday night. Wiggle order turned up lunchtime on Monday (4 days), whilst the CRC order arrived a full week later (11 days). All items were in stock and both were shipped by DHL - their choice rather...
  13. M

Wiggle

Wiggle prices Sorry I can't remember the specific item but I am fairly confident the prices between the AU and UK sites were different
  14. M

What AM rig to buy?

Second hand?
  15. M

Best place for Fox fork seal kits?

TBE in Belmont had 32's, but I didn't have 36's. They did mention that they were going to order more in so you may be in luck. Leisure Lakes Bikes did have oil, but I just use a combo of MX suspension oil and Mobil One