Recent content by mooboyj

1. M

TAS Old DH parts

I'm all good, just whenever :)
  2. M

It's called fashion Karen, look it up

I asked my 7yo daughter. She said you should have a contrasting colour, black it is;)
  3. M

AM Norco Torrent 7.1 <$1k Build Challenge

You'll have a heap of fun with that!
  4. M

Deore 12 speed

I have 11 speed SLX with an 11-50 Sunrace cassette. It works, but isn't ideal. It really needs a Goat Link or similar.
  5. M

VIC Pay what you like sale

$10 for the seat. Carbon fibre will make .001785478% faster on my daily commute!
  6. M

26" Tyres

As an owner of two NS 26" hardtails, this news is fantastic!
  7. M

TAS Found

Sorry, no spare rear shifters :(
  8. M

TAS Found

I'll look tonight for a shifter. I should have a spare. It's a normal bar clamp as well.
  9. M

TAS Old DH parts

I'll grab the stem and pedals if you still have them?
  10. M

Old school vs new school geometry / riding

After I installed the 2 degree Angleset on my 2014 Tallboy LT, I noticed I started putting more weight on my front wheel and it REALLY helped with cornering. I'm still a bit "ass over the set", but I live in Tassie and everything is bloody steep and I'm a hack :p
  11. M

Reverb dropper servicing - Anyone in Melbourne available?

Let all of the air out, then pump it back up and bleed it. Ask me how I figured this out....
  12. M

Narrow wide chainrings - the best of them....

I've had/got Raceface and $20 Ebay jobbies. No real difference and have never dropped a chain with either.
  13. M

Why are roadies mechanically inept?

The dickhead thread is strong here (I've almost put myself in it), so.....
  14. M

TAS FOUND

Have you actually ridden it? I had issues getting the 11-50 11 speed cassette working on my bike. I got it close, rode it and it was fine, put it back on the stand and it was a bit cranky...
  15. M

How many extra links to start with for the chain (11 speed)

They still make an 11 speed specific Goat Link, but that is $45 plus shipping.