Recent content by moorey

1. moorey

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Not just disc rubbing? Those hubs are quality. They will be fully serviceable, even if new bearings are required. Chip away at as you have the cash/time. No old bike is without issues, but it’s a sweet rig.
  2. moorey

Recommend me a pedal thats better than a Vault

One is metal, one is composite.
  3. moorey

Looking at the forecast for this week, it’s definitely a Minion track.
  4. moorey

Never has been. The generous Mitas guys sent him a pair to try for his DH bike, but they unfortunately didn’t fit. Their 2.4 highlander was 1/4” bigger than a maxxis 2.4 or Schwalbe 2.35. Loves his Maxxis minions in most situations for enduro and trail. Running magic Mary’s on the DH bike...
  5. moorey

New pads, bleed, rubber and full shock service for Felix. Falls Creek Enduro this weekend. Frothing.
  6. moorey

VIC Freebies. I’ll add over time. Clothes added.

@droenn and @Cardy George, I’m not sure which of these is each of yours. Posted a pile of things, and was handed a pile of tracking numbers. Positive these are for the 2 smaller bags. Hopefully.
  7. moorey

Pointless new standards - name and shame the "innovators".

The 135x10 hope bolt up are stellar pieces of kit. As stiff if not stiffer than Maxle. (Identical bikes, 1 is 135x12, the other Bolt up 135x10.
  8. moorey

VIC NX Eagle mini group.

Item. NX Eagle 12sp cassette, shifter, Derailleur and chain. 6h of riding on it. NX cassettes are HG mount, so will fit on your 8/9/10/11 speed Shimano style hub. Condition. Like new, other than black coating wear on the bigger gear. Used for 2 sessions of shuttles, so the low 1/2 of cassette...
  9. moorey

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Bargain
  10. moorey

VIC SEMI-SORTED: 26" Fork, 100-120mm travel, medium to decent level

Straight steerer external headsets always add around 20mm. You’re possibly on a larger, older frame which also had longer head tubes. Ducky is a giant of a man...other than in stature. I’m a wee man, I think I was taller than him :oops: Every giant from Ducks era I’ve worked on had these...
  11. moorey

I assume you run at least 20mm of spacers? On a frame your/our size, I’ve never needed more than 180mm with a 40mm stack height stem. Are you running one of those obscene giant Giant dust covers?
  12. moorey

Sweet. Waiting on a reply from the dad still. Definitely too short in steerer for you?
  13. moorey

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Dear god, I hope so
  14. moorey

VIC 10sp XT front shifter

TBH, I’d regret it, coz I will pay more to replace it than I’d charge. FB is the go for spares. I really never sell on here, and very little comes up for sale compared to FB. I throw up all my freebies on here though. Less likely the brotherhood will flip them for money. (Though it has happened).