Recent content by MrsH

1. MrsH

VIC 15mm Thru Axle Adaptor

Hi All, A friend is desperately trying to get hold of a 15mm Thru Axle Adaptor to suit Thule rack. Needed by Tuesday. If you have one to spare or know a shop in Melb that has it in stock please let me know. Thanks
  2. MrsH

VIC Women's dual susp MTB - Specialized Myka Frame - SOLD

SOLD Item: Built this bike up as my first 'dually' MTB. It has an 07 Specialized Myka frame (Large) which we bought brand new in 2010, this is a Women's Specific Design and has an X Fusion rear shock. Front fork is Rock Shox Dart 3. It has some Shimano bits and pieces, 3 x 9, looked after by...
  3. MrsH

I was at the inaugural Creswick Brackenbury.......

I was going to start a new thread, then I noticed this one.. :) Can I just say, seriously, people.. Get up to Creswick!! We've just had the best weekend up there. Laid back, friendly, outdoors, was great! We arrived (later than expected) on Friday night and checked into a cabin at the Caravan...
  4. MrsH

Tour de Vines, MASARG Fundraiser MTB Event, Harcourt Sunday October 30th

If you want a fun low key event, check this one out. Hang around for the sausage sizzle.. best gourmet snags going. And for those who want wine, I recommend the Lagallina Red :D
  5. MrsH

The Brackenbury - Creswick, Vic - 22nd 23rd October

Thanks for that info drfuentes. I appreciate it! I hope I didn't drag the vibe down, that was not my intention. Sounds like a great weekend is planned, great work by the Creswick community for putting it together. We have booked a cabin for two nights and are very much looking forward to...
  6. MrsH

Thanks yerg, I am so confused... According to drfuentes' post earlier in this thread the MTB race is on Sunday.. Best thing might be to wait for the organisers to update their website with a schedule, can anyone advise when this might happen? Cheers Meagan
  7. MrsH

Are the runs & MTB race both on Sunday? That could be a spanner in the works as I want to run and he wants to ride, and we have our 6 yo to care for.. :|
  8. MrsH

What time on Saturday do things kick off? Should we head up Fri night?
  9. MrsH

Help/advice for my wife.

Just upgraded from a too large bike to one that fits.. Cannot tell you how good it is to ride and how much difference a good fit makes. The ability to move the bike around makes such a difference, I've not crashed this one yet!!
  10. MrsH

Forrest Festival 2011

If the two events were on different weekends it's likely that he'd do Jeep and I could have a go at Forrest.. Or vice versa. As it stands we will be at Jeep (him riding, me kid wrangling..) hoping the dates won't clash next time. FWIW I truly hope the Forrest Event is a success and also that...
  11. MrsH

You Yangs trails now closed! 04/02/2011

Snap! Went to visit client site in Lara the other day - could see the You Yangs from their boardroom - v distracting! :p
  12. MrsH

Buxton Trails

"Like trying to drive soap around the bathtub" is how one of the rally drivers desribed Buxton in the wet.. The MTB trails are much the same! The weather out here was superb today, suspect the trails over there would've dried out a bit..
  13. MrsH

Winter riding gear advise

Have found a number of cheapie/$2 type shops that stock both singlets and long sleeved tops made from Merino - for $7.95.. Eastland @ Ringwood is one (nearish the Coles/Bakers Delight area) for anyone who may be nearby. The arms aren't super long though so may need to upsize. Great for under...
  14. MrsH

Wildside 2012

I sat up til midnight last night to enter MrH.. Good excuse for our first family holiday since 2008!
  15. MrsH

Specialized Camber Elite

Thanks for the feedback all. Am still pondering options.. Have found a store who have been very helpful; they've arranged with Trek to have a small bike sent to their store for me to try with no obligation which is very cool :) If that rides well I'll prob get it. (it's not a 29er though, shh!)