Recent content by mtb1611

1. mtb1611

What are you listening to NOW?

I came home with two things on December 8, 1986. One was my school certificate, the other was this album, released that very day. Whilst I'm not actually sure if I've seen the former since 8/12/86, barely a week has passed since whereby A.O. MOD. TV. VERS. didn't feature, either in its entirety...
  2. mtb1611

What does your day look like?

Went on a site inspection of a new high school build in south western Sydney on Thursday arvo. To say the air quality rendered the scene a tad apocalyptic is an understatement.
  3. mtb1611

Little Things You Love

Saw them when they toured Sparkle and Fade in '96 at the Metro in Sydney with original 3 piece lineup, top show.
  4. mtb1611

Little Things You Hate

A colleague of mine has a similar effect on me. Come to think of it, he often invokes the same reponse regardless of intoxication or sobriety. Yeah, funny that.....!
  5. mtb1611

Little Things You Hate

LTIH: people who have a very obvious tipping point when drinking, combined with their propensity to tell you how to live your life after said tipping point has been breached. Stop drinking, STFU and go away.
  6. mtb1611

What does your day look like?

Presented at a school planning conference yesterday; not a bad view from the venue balcony.
  7. mtb1611

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Had a small window in which to head out for 40km or so on the roadie. Rolled out of the driveway and went to change gears, nope.....flat Di2 battery. Window closed. Game over.
  8. mtb1611

Little Things You Hate

LTIH: hotel toilets. Why is there such a high likelihood that the toilet seat will not stay up when one is urinating? One has to use one hand to hold the seat up, lest it receive a golden shower. Inconvenient, impractical and, ultimately, messy.
  9. mtb1611

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

An hour at Kentlyn which, after a 7km run this morn, felt a helluva lot longer. The couple of post ride beers kept the lactic acid at bay; perhaps temporarily, but nonetheless. As a back story, mate and I had a couple of beers yesterday arvo, during the course of which we agreed that we haven't...
  10. mtb1611

It's a great trip down memory lane!
  11. mtb1611

Any of y'all familiar with setlist.fm? Massive database of live gigs and set lists (funnily enough...), check it out.
  12. mtb1611

Nice. Saw Mudhoney one lunchtime at the Manning Bar whilst 'attending' Sydney Uni, plus at one of the early BDO's. EDIT: Just checked, was March 13, 1990.....
  13. mtb1611

New album 'So I Could Have Them Destroyed' is a cracker, back to days of old.
  14. mtb1611

Good to hear. Had hoped to go but couldn't make either of the Sydney gigs. First time I saw both bands was on the same bill, circa Aug '91 at the Phoenician Club in Sydney. Hard Ons, Meanies, Tumbleweed and Presto.....solid lineup.