Recent content by mtb_man

1. mtb_man

Specialized P1 frame - Sold gone done dusted

pm sent Floodster. Gotta feed my P-bike fetish again... :)
  2. mtb_man

06 NS Suburban SOLD

Sold. Move along folks, nothing to see here...
  3. mtb_man

06 NS Suburban SOLD

Sold pending payment...
  4. mtb_man

06 NS Suburban SOLD

So do I, which is why I'm selling the bike... I'm selling the bike this cheap because I can't be bothered waiting to sell it for what it's really worth. A quick sale's a good sale...
  5. mtb_man

06 NS Suburban SOLD

Item: 2006 NS Suburban, white frame, horiz dropouts Location: Canberra but will post Australia wide Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: I prefer 35" tires to 24" ones... Price and price conditions: $1500, Buyer pays postage Extra Info: Not willing to split, I'll throw...
  6. mtb_man

Pseudo-standards

Bravo Wombat, I totally agree with your sentiments.
  7. mtb_man

888 or travis

Ah ok, that makes sense. I thought you meant they looked plush in magazine pictures or on the web. :D
  8. mtb_man

Chain Rings & Cables,– XC Advice Please - Where and What?

For great shifting, run the XTR cable set. It's $47 but will last a long time and provide you with smooth shifting under any conditions. Plus like Rider mentioned, it comes with the o-ring ferrules that keep dirt and muck out of your cables. I second the XT cassette idea, mainly for the weight...
  9. mtb_man

888 or travis

Fair point but where did I mention Boxxers other than WC's? I'm not a racer so I don't care about 200g here or there. However weight matters to some people and the 888 is heavier than other top level race forks i.e WC's or 40's. (I think Gracia will make do somehow Lotec... :D ) Can you explain...
  10. mtb_man

Whinging parents.

Yeah, it's not like it grows on trees. Oh wait, trees grow on it. :D Seriously, write and tell the council how good it was that they gave you some jumps. Thank them and then ask for a bit more dirt due to the compaction of the jumps and for ongoing maintainence. Worst case is they say no and...
  11. mtb_man

888 or travis

I've only ridden on the 888RC2x, not the Travis, so I can't compare them directly. I will say though that the new 888 blew my mind, it really was a fantastic fork to ride and it wasn't really even set up for me. It felt much better than the old 888 as it didn't dive into its travel as much...
  12. mtb_man

Cannondale Gemini 900, Judge 2 (Gracia) or Giant Faith 1

I talked to our Canondale rep before Christmas about the Judge pricing and he expected it to run around low to mid $5k. That was nothing concrete though, just his educated guess. If it were my coin, the Judge would win hands down. Much more versatile frame (straight seatube), excellent spec for...
  13. mtb_man

SS crank problems

Thanks for that GrubNut. Turns out I've already tried that method though I didn't know that Sheldon reccomended it. I can see that his method doesn't work well with four bolt cranks but I can see it would work with a five bolt one whose driveline was only just out of perfect tension. No matter...
  14. mtb_man

help... Juicys?

Yeah, my Juicy pads to an age to bed in. Avid reccomend 50 hard stops to bed their pads in and that's from at least 30kph.
  15. mtb_man

This is fast!

Pity they're all Swiss... Anyway, it's bloody crazy. I can't imagine how severe the buffeting of the wind would be at that speed, let alone if you hit a small imperfection in the runway. Serious respect to that man.