Recent content by mtb_punk

1. mtb_punk

You Yangs MTB Park

Sounds to me like you are describing the old track no.5, before most of it was realigned while the park was closed due to the storm damage. I do miss the old no.5, but the new one is pretty awesome.
  2. mtb_punk

You Yangs Pump Track

Had a shot at it on Saturday, good fun, but whoah, really hard work! If there is one way to uncover a lack of fitness that is it.... Can't wait to go have another go, and keen to see how some really good guys go on it. Good work building the track guys!! Thanks!
  3. mtb_punk

You Yangs Pump Track

Good work guys! Awesome news! So pumped to check it out! :D
  4. mtb_punk

You Yangs MTB Park

I was out last Saturday, was good to see Trav's open again. Does anyone know if the dude that went down on Cressy and required the air ambulance is ok?
  5. mtb_punk

Kensington Jumps

Definitely some progress happening now, hopefully give me something to watch on my train rides! Good work on getting some action guys!
  6. mtb_punk

First Aid kits and Mountainbiking.

I have a decent sized kit in the car at all times, you never know when you need it. However I did particularly buy it when I started going MTB and trail bike riding. I actually used it for the first time last weekend on myself, and was bloody glad I had it (pardon the pun) with me! I also...
  7. mtb_punk

What to do with brand new camelbak?

+1 for using Milton's cleaning tablets. Much cheaper than the genuine Camelback ones, and does the same job. I only use water in mine. After every use I dry it out as much as possible with a tea towel and then let it air dry with a strategically bent coathanger inside to keep it open. Then...
  8. mtb_punk

Hub Rotor Mount Not Flat Causing Disc To Rub

Cheers for the help muskimo. Bike is almost 2 yrs old, so I am pretty sure it will be out of warranty, but you never know. I'll still go see if the shop can work something out. I'll ask around to see if anyone can help in machining it. Might even price up a new hub, might end up being cheaper...
  9. mtb_punk

Hub Rotor Mount Not Flat Causing Disc To Rub

I recently fitted up some 6 bolt 7inch G2 rotors and organic pads to my Juicy 5's. The back went on with no problems. The front however, I cannot get it to not rub, no matter how hard I try. (with the 6 inch rotor it rubber ever so slightly, but the 7 inch has magnified the problem) I have...
  10. mtb_punk

Cressy Climb Fastest Times

I rode cressy last weekend for the first time in a few years. Far out it has come a long way since then!! They have done an awesome job building it up! I found my new favourite youies track! Will have to try and time a run or two soon...
  11. mtb_punk

You know you're a cyclist when...

when you drive along the road imagining you are a giant and have a huge bike to use those mountains as doubles.... when buying bike bits doesn't count as spending money when you are trying to save..... I hear you! my wife keeps complaining about them, aren't they normal? doesn't everyone...
  12. mtb_punk

Help me out with my survey - Indoor MTB park in Melbourne?

Did the survey. Good luck with the park! Hope everything works out and you can get it happening..
  13. mtb_punk

You Yangs MTB Park

Went to the You Yangs yesterday for the first time in a good couple of years, and it really has come a long way. It is such an awesome place to ride! Many thanks to everyone is behind all the trail building, you have done an awesome job!! I so can't wait to get back there for another ride.
  14. mtb_punk

Decent Jerseys

I think what you are after may be what I have just ordered. After having a good look around I settled on a Fox Base S/S (short sleeve) jersey. They are a looser fit and don't make you look like a homo or show how unfit you are. Have a look: HERE Proper MTB shorts are exactly as you suspect...
  15. mtb_punk

Wall mount racks for bikes

Got mine from Howards Storage World. Do the trick rather well. Got them a few years ago, but I believe they still have a similar product. Essentially two rubber coated 'prongs' which sit under the top tube, can also fold up to get out of the way if needed. Go see what they have, if there is one...