Recent content by MurrayW

1. M

Topic : Ibis Mojo HD3 pricing?

Hi Guys, I am in the market for a new bike and I am pretty keen on the Ibis mojo HD3. I was just wondering if any users on here have bought one and what price did you pay for a frame or built up bike? Cheers
  2. M

Munda Biddi Epic 2015 1000K supported ride.

Hi Crew. Just wanted to promote this awesome ride through the forests of Western Australia on the Munda Biddi Trail. The Trails is over 1000 kilometres long and runs from Mundaring (In the hills bordering Perth) and Albany on the south coast. This ride is fully supported and with all meals...
  3. M

Maintence tips and tricks

Trail Maintenance +1 to willsy01. check out the link and grade reversals are important. In the long run it can be better to realign than to try and fix problems.
  4. M

Home Air Compressor

Good investment That is a good investment. I fitted new tyres today. Using a compressor 1 pumped up instantly and the other took 20 seconds longer to form a seal but once the bead is seated it is not a problem. I have had my $ 99.00 compressor for 9 years now and it was well worth the small...
  5. M

Examples of great trails in national parks

lucky We are pretty lucky we have a good repour with the Land Managers. It took a lot of planning and time marking the proposed trail corridor. Then there was surveys for sacred sites and die back etc. Then we started trail building two years later. As mentioned previously we now have 40 ks of...
  6. M

Examples of great trails in national parks

This is in National Park in WA The link is a trail in the Beelu national park in WA. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZGz27JEYw Other links to look at if you search Kalamunda Circuit. We have 40 kilometres of single track. Looking forward to rain at the moment.
  7. M

Fat Bikes

awesome These bikes are awesome. It is all about the love of riding wherever you want to ride. Very jealous.
  8. M

Cracked Frame?

dodgy weld It is actually a dodgy weld. It should look like the weld on the other side. See how it is raised, it should be flatter and wider.
  9. M

Navigation events for MTBers?

MTB orienteering It may not help you but there is a MTB orienteering club in WA. I have entered a couple of events and it was good fun. Some people took it pretty serious and others just did it for fun. They provided excellent maps of the area that the course was in so that was a bonus...
  10. M

My new Reverb seat post just died.....

same thing happened Same thing happened to mine 18 months ago when it was about 4months old. They replaced it then about 12months ago it happened again and they repaired it that time. The bike shop said it was a common issue with them. I thought they would have sorted it by now. It did take a...
  11. M

Kalamunda Trails WA

Pretty stoked about the trails we have here in the hills close to Perth. We now have about 40 kilometres of single track near Kalamunda, a mix of green, blue and black. I have attached some links to some video and the map of the Kalamunda Circuit area. I have read some of the posts on rotor burn...
  12. M

Munda Biddi Track in 9 Days - Done.

One of the guys is the husband of a lady that works with my wife. She told my wife that they were doing the MBT as she knew of my interest in the trail. First post on her face book was that they had left Mundaring, next thing they were fuelling up in Dwellingup and I thought these guys are on a...
  13. M

Munda Biddi Mountain Bike Raffle

Have you bought your ticket Hi Rotorburners Have you bought your ticket yet. Prizes available Australia wide. 5 bucks for the chance to win a new bike, a heap of mountain design clothing or a gopro camera and also support the Munda Biddi Trail Foundation. The image is of the Yarri campsite...
  14. M

WA: Kalamunda Circuit. Good tyres for Pea gravel?

+1 Hans Dampfs +1 Hans Dampfs. I ran them back and front last summer, great grip.
  15. M

Munda Biddi Track in 9 Days - Done.

excellent effort Hope you enjoyed it. I know of three guys that did the ride in 5 days 20 hours and 10 minutes. Crazy I think. They carried very little and stayed in pubs/ towns all the way. How did you like the pea gravel?