Recent content by Mykie

1. M

The Oaks during and after rain?

Thanks for the replies. We've taken the sensible option and postponed it. None of us want to damage the environment or the trails (or our bikes) Now just to coordinate 10 blokes again. This could take years. :)
  2. M

The Oaks during and after rain?

Hey All, Can anyone tell me what the Oaks track from Glenbrook to Woodford would be like with all this NSW rain? We are meant to be heading up there early tomorrow, but don't know if a) it would be too washed out, and b) if we would be doing too much damage to it with our bikes. It is a two...
  3. M

LOST LOST 28th Jan 2012 (Fell off roofrack) - TREK Superfly AL Elite 29er

Hi All, If you picked up my bike, please contact me ASAP! I think it may have fallen off the top of our 4wd on the way out of the main carpark at Awaba, but neither of us heard it. We left the main carpark at approx 11:05 am and drove to Wyong. It was not until then, that I noticed it gone...
  4. M

LOST 28th Jan 2012 (Fell off roofrack) - TREK Superfly AL Elite 29er

Hi All, If you picked up my bike, please contact me ASAP! I think it may have fallen off the top of our 4wd on the way out of the main carpark at Awaba, but neither of us heard it. We left the main carpark at approx 11:05 am and drove to Wyong. It was not until then, that I noticed it gone...
  5. M

Touring around NZ Nth Island. Transporting the bikes.

AFAIK we are just taking cardboard boxes. If we end up getting proper ones, they will more than likely be a bag type and can probably be folded up on the back seat of the rental car. I hadn't thought of just asking a bike shop over there for another one. D'Oh. :confused: Thanks heaps for...
  6. M

Touring around NZ Nth Island. Transporting the bikes.

Hey all, we are spending our Honeymoon traveling around the North Island in October, and are tossing up whether to take the MTB's, as we are definitely hitting Rotorua and surrounds for a few days, or to hire bikes when we meet up with some friends in the second week there. Can anyone please...
  7. M

Awaba Feb 27 2011

Hi All, Here are the photos that I took yesterday. Some of the quality isn't top notch, but I hope the riders like them. Here is the whole album on Flickr. There are about 80 photos all up. Cheers, Mike And just a couple of shots:
  8. M

Hi There

G'day mate, I am also a convert, and live on the coast. Bloody fun, this MTB stuff, hey?
  9. M

New? Feel free to say g'day here.

Hey all, I'm Mike. Im from the Central Coast, NSW New to MTB. Have been a roadie for a few years, and was recently introduced to the Ourimbah XC track, and Awaba. I am completely hooked! Just got a Scott Spark 60, and am on the bike very chance I have. Looking forward to learning lots and...