Recent content by nevot

1. nevot

Mechanical Craziness!! Cold war preferred, anything nuts also gratefully accepted!

In reality, you are in a submarine, where the normal state of affairs is that the missile is outside the sub by the time it comes in contact with water. The other bit is that usually, when the water is getting in you are up shit creek anyway :)
  2. nevot

Apple have done it again, ...or have they?

Linux music browsers rythmbox and songbird and a couple of others that i can't remember deal with irivers with no pain. Also IIRC irivers mount as a disk that you can just drop things on to with no problems which the iriver will then do an element of processing to work out the details (like my...
  3. nevot

Stupidest thing youve done with your bike

I was out having a sneaky ride at the Kambah BMX track while i killed time waiting people to finish work so we could go out, lost track of time and got the 'Hurry up, you're late' phone call from the lady. Raced back to the car, lent the bike against the tailgate and chucked helmet and other...
  4. nevot

Which 29er to Buy, help please!

I had a KHS solo one crack at the junction of the head tube and the down tube just past the gusset. In their defence, they sorted me out with a new frame really quickly and it seems to be going fine. Part of the problem may be my riding style which may not be best suited to a rigid 29er...
  5. nevot

The Fixie Thread

Hey RCOH, Im not sure if this is really going to help you, but i know of a shop in canberra that certainly has them in stock. It may be worth while talking to them then getting your LBS to sort out all the transactional type details. MIght mean you get what you want without too much pain...
  6. nevot

home network

To get the MAC addy from your Mac, open a terminal window and type the following; /sbin/ifconfig -a you wanna then look in the output for a line that has "HWaddr". There is your MAC addy.
  7. nevot

great idear

Done at last years Mont if i remember right. I may not, i might have been drunk
  8. nevot

Mont Wrap Up

Ooops.... :o / me runs away.......
  9. nevot

Mont Wrap Up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I live in the berra and had ridden the course a part way in to the week before the rain and was worried about what might happen if it rained..... Then it did. Then i worried about what would happen if it rained all weekend, and it didn't The track got thrashed. They are my...
  10. nevot

Mont Wrap Up

Loved it. We rolled in a team of six that the longest ride before the race was prob about 30k, with plenty of breaks I rode a single speed rigid 29' and until my last lap at about 10 am was finding the whole track easyish to deal with. Rest of the boys loved it to bits. Big props to CORC...
  11. nevot

Mixing alcohol

bad advice grasshopper. Know your shit before you blow your shit. Also dont believe the little pamphlet that the govt posted around for you to read with your parents. Some very very bad fuckups in that little thing. Things that may get the ignorant psychonaut killed.
  12. nevot

How do i fix this :-(

Infection via USB is a relatively new thing. See this from Sophos http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32delcyca.html Its a worm that spreads via USB but does not seem to do what you are seeing. Having said that its new, sooooooo things change pretty quickly in this world and this may...
  13. nevot

Advice on registering a Domain name wanted

Kay, couple of things. Is the domain name you want available? If it is, is it an encombered domain name that is held by a reseller? Have you got someone to host your DNS, MX etc records or is that what you want the registrar to do as part of the service? Depending on the name that you want it...
  14. nevot

Mount Ainslie DJ's Legal?

Again, i suspect they are tolerated as they have not grown for a long time, they are somewhat difficult to get a bobcat to and people treat the area with some respect (less rubbish there than on some of the single trails in the area) This does not make them legal, just tolerated.
  15. nevot

Mount Ainslie DJ's Legal?

I live at the base of Mt Ainslie and historically all jumps in the area have been demolished and in the past there have been signs posted by both the council and the Mt Ainslie nature group that threatens legal action if there are more built. The area that i think you are talking about is...