Recent content by nickdos

1. N

ACT FOUND: 9 speed shifter (Shimano)

Deal done. Pls close mods.
  2. N

If it was my bike I'd grab it - wife has different ideas about it - no indicator = no way. Customer is always right goes double for the wife ;-)
  3. N

Thanks - I'll think about it and let you know. At this stage a new Alivio shifter from CRC for $38 is the front runner...
  4. N

Item: 9 speed trigger shifter (RH) for Shimano RD Location: Canberra Price range/Willing to Pay: up to $30 Extra Info: Must have bar mount (no iSpec) and would prefer indicator display as it is for my wife's commuter and she likes to see what gear she's in ;-)
  5. N

ACT SOLD: 2016 Trek Fuel EX 8 (17.5") 29er 120mm travel

Item: 2016 Trek Fuel EX 8 (17.5") 29er Location: Hackett, ACT Item Condition: Mechanically very good, some scratches on frame, rims & cranks have rub marks Reason for selling: Upgrading to longer travel bike Price and price conditions: $1800 (buyer to pay shipping if interstate) (RRP was...
  6. N

Recommend me an AM bike around $3.5k

Ha, no I'm simply sore that my local shop said "no" and enforce the 60 days rule. Its not a big deal really and the wait times for new models are often about 4 weeks anyway.
  7. N

Recommend me an AM bike around $3.5k

The Bupa discount "form" says it's not valid on new models for 60 days from release date of the model. Did they waive that restriction, not notice it or is the delivery date after 60 days from release?
  8. N

New Bike Process Flow

I came here expecting a photo and description of someone's new (Kona) Process bike and about how it just "flows" down the trails... but this is much better :-)
  9. N

ACT SOLD: 2017 Scott Spark 710 Plus

Is the Pike 130mm?
  10. N

Wide wheel recomendations please for 650b.

Could you share which discount code you used?
  11. N

New bike options.

Another option could be the Trek Fuel EX 7. Its a bit on the heavy side (~14kg) but for the type of riding you're doing, should be fine.
  12. N

Swapping my 150mm travel bike for a 120mm

I've got a 120mm 29er and am thinking about going the other way - up to 140-150mm. Grass is always greener. I'm on 2016 Fuel EX 8 which has 68.5° HA but is gimped by a Fox 32 (fit4) that is terrible on bumpy berms (too noodly). The RE:Aktiv shock is good and it climbs really well but it doesn't...
  13. N

Best thing for cleaning off Stan's boogers?

Pressure washer gets the thick stuff off the middle of the tyre but not the thin bits around the bead, plus you get soaked by the spray so sucks in winter. Its a good option if you're a weight weenie but not if you're anal about removing it all.
  14. N

PLEASE REMOVE. 2017 Bontrager Line Elite 29" Boost Wheelset. NEW!

What is the internal width & weight?
  15. N

upgrading brakes

Upgraded my son's hard tail from cable disc brakes to hydraulic... wanted to spend min $$ and ended up getting these: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-acera-m396-disc-brake/rp-prod119954 Amazing performance for the $71.50 I paid at the time (for the pair). If you want to spend...