Recent content by northkona

1. N

Bargain buys thread

And they arent Boost ! Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
  2. N

Bargain buys thread

My Pikes arrived today , I damn near fell over ! Was not expecting them this soon , perfect nick apart from the serial number removed but I was expecting that. Just a bit pissed I didn't see the Lyrik for about $100 more but the Pike will do for now. Still a bargain. Sent from my SM-G900I...
  3. N

Offset Bushings.

How long did you run it steeper for and did you notice any movement or issues ? I was thinking of experimenting with a current 65deg head angle.
  4. N

Offset Bushings.

Has anyone tried running the offset in the opposite side therefore reducing the head angle ? I realise the forces may want to screw the bush back to the neutral side of the headtube and cause all sorts of binding but I was just wondering if anyone has tried.
  5. N

finally back since farkin

Nice ! I might wait for his first born , until then he'll have to make do with more shiny ano bike bits !
  6. N

Yeah , I couldnt be happier , he sold his PS4 to buy more bike gear. He's hooked.
  7. N

I have raced and ridden MTB's in FNQ since about 1990 , now that my 14 yr old son has the MTB bug bad my interest in the sport has peaked again. He has broken my poor old '07 Yeti 575 and a Giant Trance so now I have bought him a Santa Cruz Bronson to trail. I was just looking thru some pics...
  8. N

Bargain buys thread

Oh well , paid $599 posted and got a reply from a guy at the store in Dandenong confirming that they are not boost. (they are coming from Taiwan though) Just time to wait and see .
  9. N

Bargain buys thread

Couldnt wait , they had 5 pairs left so I bit the bullet and bought a pair . Shipping ETA this wednesday to next monday .. seems like a bit of a stretch unless they are in Aus, come to think about it ,I cant get something from Brissy to FNQ in that time. Now the wait to see if I need a new...
  10. N

Bargain buys thread

Has that 15% deal finished ? I couldnt see it on their store site.
  11. N

Queenstown and Christchurch in May advice please

Great thread , plenty of good info has me drooling ... I'm planning a family trip to NZ in September and my son and I cant wait to ride some new terrain. I was looking at a campervan but now leaning towards a hire car and various levels of accommodation. I can sleep in a car but my wife tends...
  12. N

Bargain buys thread

I just flicked them an email to confirm the hub size ( dunno if it will help ) the colour matches the Cube Stereo , OEM on them. I guess they are legit Pikes , just surplus. If they are boost only the Boostinator option would be bearable if they reccommended using a larger than 180mm rotor ...