Recent content by notime

1. notime

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

My first Ali purchase around 5 years ago was a carbon saddle the same as pictured above. I recall it was $40 delivered. I'm still using that saddle today and I'm not a light weight. I've broken Fizik carbon rails before but the Ali saddle it still perfect and extremely comfortable for me.
  2. notime

Electric Vehicles etc

" The whole package rolls on what look to be 33 or even 35-inch BF Goodrich mud tyres. " quality motoring journalsim.
  3. notime

Adelaide to Sydney trip in August

No shortage of DH/Enduro/XC in the lower mountains, 20 minute drive, probably need a guide to find it all, on heatmaps though. Knapsack is the only official trail, XC and DH track the rest is created with love not laws.
  4. notime

I got a pair of these based on this post. 4 solid rides including an Enduro race, 1 swim and 4 washes down and very happy with them. Going to order a couple more.
  5. notime

The Tool Thread

Had this since it came out. Got the 12ah battery by redemption when they first released it, shame they don't do good specials like that anymore. Anyway, top saw if you keep the chains sharp, mine is looking pretty flogged from heaps of work. Just wish it was a bit shorter for backpack trips out...
  6. notime

I put some Fovno cranks on my single speed a while back. I don't know why, I guess curiosity got the better of me. They haven't collapsed yet, they have a black alloy spindle which I checked recently for any visual stress, looks quite nice still and everything still fits snug...
  7. notime

Most plush cushy grip

Another vote for GA2 Fats and if you can live with slide on, I've recently started using SQLabs 711r's in XL. Bloody massive but so far so comfy so grippy.
  8. notime

Fake Cynaplug, the machining of the pill and parts is fine but the brass wasn't usefully attached to any of the plugs. Having a large plug in the pill is a bonus though over my original Dynaplug. Will try supergluing all the brass tips back on...
  9. notime

AusCycling doesn't just hate MTB...

Day license got up to $30 for seniors and $18 for under 18's under MTBA (2019) may have even been a dollar or 2 more at the end.
  10. notime

Bargain buys thread

I bought some 34's a few months ago from CRC after it was posted here (very similar deal). I didn't get a ship notice for nearly 2 weeks, followed it up and they cancelled the order.
  11. notime

WTB - Chris King ISO 142x12 axle FOUND

FOUND, thanks Sane
  12. notime

Nice, I didn't expect that. Possibly gen 3 axle. I'll send you a PM.
  13. notime

Location:Chris King ISO 142x12 axle Item Condition: not damaged Price and price conditions: up to retail price and able to post it Extra Info: Can't find one anywhere, no stock available. I have bolt on and QR ends if anyone wants to downgrade even more
  14. notime

New bike to return to MTB after a long lay off

Working backwards from what is available is probably the way to go. I have a 14 month wait for my new XC/Downcounty bike so trying to suggest something is pointless due to supply.
  15. notime

Jewellers Chainsaw…

I bought the Milwaukee Chainsaw when it came out, then 2 weeks later they did a redemption deal with the 12ah battery but they still honored it and sent me the battery. Going hard at it in summer you can overheat the 12ah but most of the time it's just awesome. I only bought it for quiet trail...