Recent content by ocatarinetabelachucchux

1. O

Rotors with new Saint Brakes

Saints and Hayes rotors More than one year with Saint 4pots brakes/Hayes v8 (203mm) rotors front and back without any issue.
  2. O

2008 Norco Fluid LT vs 2007 Kona Coiler

Coiler 2007 I own a 2007 model. It rides pretty well with the stock components. The Van R is an Ok shock, the same the drop off 4. They both have basic settings but do the job. Some components are very cheap, use them until they last and then upgrade. My bike has had a lot of punishment since...
  3. O

What do you rate Follow Me?

After the second section, the music is not really good. The ending section is not that inspiring like Seasons or Kranked 8. It is Ok, but I didn't want to go to Coronet Peak straight away. A little short. Overall: great movie, amazing riding.
  4. O

specalized demo 08 Chain Guides??

ISCG OLD for sure. That is what I have in my Demo.
  5. O

UTS Rowers

In my humble opinion BigSplashBear is 100% right. Sadly, it seems others are missing the point. It doesn't matter the number of wheels or vehicle you are using to move from A to B, people behave in the same idiotic way. It is not 'HE' the one that is expecting you behave in the right way. It...
  6. O

Anyone run a E13 DRS on a dual ring set-up?

I have been running the E13 DRS old version in my Kona Coiler 2007 for more than a year and zero problems. Not sure about running it in single ring configuration. Note the roller is wider than a normal single ring chain guide and this could be a problem. Again, not sure. Never tried that...
  7. O

Shimano Saint Brakes???

Running Shimano Saint M810 with Hayes V8 rotors on DaBomb hubs. Zero problems.
  8. O

Web Shopping - Aussie or Overseas sites?

Helmets, Local and OS I was reading this discussion about the helmets and I took the interest to read the standards. I found in general terms they are very similar. The main variation is on the wording, some environment temperatures to test the material, and the content of the sticker which in...
  9. O

Still not sure about buying from CRC?

I agree that we need to support LBS but I'm not agree to throw away my hard earned money. I just bought a brand new DHX 5.0 Air for 200 bucks + $14 shipping through Ebay from Taiwan, that is from the very place where almost all the parts are made. I suppose the guy that sold me the shox got...
  10. O

Looking for dual ring chain guide

When you talk about "internal BB" are you referring to a ISIS type BB? Most of the old KONAs if not all, came with ISIS BB, and yes, it should fit onto your BB. The Adaptor sits over the frame not in the BB cups. I used to have an ISIS BB in my Coiler and I didn't have any problem with the...
  11. O

Yes they are. You won't have any problem with them. This is just a plastic piece designed to surround the BB adding the 3 holes the frame is missing. The only thing you need to be aware when you buy chain guide and adapter is they both must be ISCG or ISCG 2005. The hole positioning is different...
  12. O

E13 drs I've been using the E13 DRS in my Coiler 2007 for about 14 month without any problem on mostly FR/DH stuff. Very reliable.
  13. O

rims and hubs

Da Bomb hubs are really good, probably a little in the heavy side but they are bomb proof and free maintenance. They are running in a DB Revolver gold camo wheelset and have survived my FR, them my DH bike for most than a year and now they are back in my FR.
  14. O

rims and hubs

Mavic on CRC I bought 4 weeks ago a 2010 Deetrak wheelset on CRC without any problem. I got them in a week. And the page said only for EU. :cool:
  15. O

F%#k you Carl Scully

Road behaviour I will like to highlight something that I saw about two weekends ago. I was driving along ANZAC Parade from Malabar to Maroubra and I saw two guys riding abreast one on the right side of the left lane (because there were cars parked) and the other was on the right lane doing...