Recent content by orfeo

1. orfeo

Do you service Fox 36 Van R 160 mm damper ?

Thanks for the insight Paul, I realised i forgot to attach the photo of the bushing. I can understand the construction of the bushing but was surprised to see the join going between one of soft anodized? sections. Is this normal? EDIT: I just got an email from Fox and they confirmed that this...
  2. orfeo

Thanks merc-blue I emailed Fox about servicing the damper and they advised not to service the damper unless it showed signs of fault. Hence i went to clean the internals of the fork and then just change the oil. However when i was inspecting the bushings, looking for signs of degradation of...
  3. orfeo

Hi Guys, A long time between posts, i have finally opened up the shock for service. Attached are a few photos of the damper. From willsy01 post it looks like i have the open bath damper and should follow the oil weights listed in #73 of the table. However, from the look of my shock it...
  4. orfeo

Hey Guys, Thought i'd give an update. I emailed Fox and got the reply below. They seem to say that they only started making open bath dampers after 2011 so mine (circa 2007) should be a FIT damper. I'm yet to open it up but when i do i'll confirm. regards orfeo Fox email...
  5. orfeo

Rock Shox Avid bleed kit compatibility

Thanks Guys, I've got two reverb bleed kits so i plan to use one for the brakes, extend the hose to make it easier to clamp and use a big ass clamp to seal them. cheers
  6. orfeo

I had assumed it should take fox 10 wt red oil as per number 72) in this table. I see that the 2011-2013 table you grabbed has the "O/B R damper" which i guess is the one i need (I actually already ordered the red oil :/ ) Also, do you need to take the damper apart to refill it with oil (as...
  7. orfeo

Rock Shox Avid bleed kit compatibility

Hi, Quick question, is the bleed kit that comes with a Rock Shox reverb compatible with brake bleed kits on the Avid line (Juicy 5/7)? By which i mean do the bleed screws use the same thread size. I believe they're owned by the same company now so i assumed they were compatible but am about...
  8. orfeo

Thanks for all the good info guys, i ordered the oil anyway but am not planning to open up the damper unless i see something wrong with it. From the photo, if my memory serves me, i believe my Fox 36 Van R is the open bath model (it came as standard on a Giant Reign X 2007). The manual says...
  9. orfeo

Hey All, I'm about to buy the supplies to service my Fox 36 Van R fork, buying the wiper kit and Fox 10 wt Green fluid. I'm wondering if i should also buy the 10 wt red fluid for the damper? I thought that servicing the damper was a bit more tricky than simply changing oil and wipers...
  10. orfeo

Blackspire Stinger Fitting Problems

after 2 days of riding i've again managed to loose the jockey wheel of the stinger (last time i knocked it off on a rock). Can't believe how easily the stinger looses that wheel. I can't think of any way that it would have got knocked off this time. Has anyone else had trouble with the...
  11. orfeo

Hey Guys, I actually have an engineering workshop at work and i spoke to the learned men there and they said the head on the blackspire stinger bolts are pretty standardised and i wouldn't find a smaller head (although it appears some have). They suggested to drill out the stinger bracket to...
  12. orfeo

Hey Guys, I'm having the same problem with the blackspire stinger on my 2008 reign x1. Can someone remind me what the issue would be with spacing out the crank away from the stinger bolts? Is there an issue with changing the chainline by spacing out the crank? It appears that when i tighten...
  13. orfeo

AM cassette SRAM PG970?

Thanks for the great feedback guys, i think i'm going to get a 11-28 cassette as the 11-26 doesn't sound like it has the legs. I'll probably cheap out and get this or this or this peace
  14. orfeo

AM cassette SRAM PG970?

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the SRAM Pg970 would have enough range (11-26) for an All Mountain bike? I have a a 11-34 i think on my reign x. I don't really go down to the 1st and 2nd gear so i figure that is about 26 teeth or so down around the 2-3rd gear...
  15. orfeo

sydney fox shock service centre?

Hey does anyone know if there's a bike shop in sydney that services fox shocks in house? i just need someone to check my re-assembly of my fox vanilla 36r. I was told that it's possible to change the damper settings while you have the shock out so i want to check i haven't changed anything i...