Recent content by Paulie_AU

1. P

QLD 2022 XS Trek Fuel EX 5 27.5

Item: 2022 XS Trek Fuel EX 5 27.5 (Gen5 the latest release is the gen 6) Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Good - Mechanically great a few scratches etc. Reason for selling: Son has outgrown and have upgraded to bigger bike Price and price conditions: $1800 Extra Info: Standard 2022 Trek...
  2. P

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Off the bike for the last 4 months with a broken elbow. But thanks to sales this weekend I now have a new Marzocchi Coil Shock and Double Barrel Kitsuma coming for a bike I can't ride....... (which has new 38's sitting on it unridden). Oh and looks like because I have gotten fat with no riding...
  3. P

Bargain buys thread

Fox 38 Factory 29" $999 Drove up and grabbed a set this morning. Almost bought some Z2's for my sons bike. https://www.jonnysprockets.au/products/fox-38-factory-g2-29-170mm-15qr-x-110mm-44mm-black Feel like this is up there with the cheap lyriks from Mtbdirect a bunch of years ago (2018...
  4. P

Flats vs Clipless (not your usual)

Clips on my enduro (and roadie), flats on my xc/downcountry/plaything and dirtjumper. Ride all bikes each week. Recently due to a dead pedal went to flats on the enduro.... slower in chunder, fine everywhere else. Found the same when racing DH would run clips on the chunkiest tracks. Flats...
  5. P

Bargain buys thread

Back in the day they were shit compared to boxxers.
  6. P

Downcountry...Upduro.....Just a 27.5 fun xc bike?

I need shorts like those
  7. P

Finally finished the build 3 weeks ago. What a shitfight it was converting it to 12mm through axel. Had to buy drop outs for both sides, drill and dremel frame. Couldn't find a axel so bought a longer one then stuffed up trimming and tapping thread onto that so had to find another axel which...
  8. P

QLD XC/Light Trail 27.5 Wheelset. Boost or possibly adaptable non boost.

Yeah maybe on the tad heavy side. Weight and zippyness is the main goal.
  9. P

QLD XC/Light Trail 27.5 Wheelset. Boost or possibly adaptable non boost.

Item: XC/Light Trail 27.5 Wheelset. Boost or possibly adaptable non boost. Location: Brisbane or so Item Condition: True and no mega dings Reason for buying: Increased zing. Price and price conditions: Up to $500. Can get onto a new Stans Arch set for $700. Extra Info: Microspline driver...
  10. P

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

60% of wheelbase or 3.7m which ever is less is the limit. Over 1.2m needs a flag or red light at night and I never see flags on the back of carriers on 4WDs that likely meet the wheelbase/3.7 rule. My triton which I have a canopy on is a pig for it with the long rear overhang of the tray...
  11. P

QLD FOUND (Bought 2021 XS Fuel EX as complete bike)XS dualie frame 26 or 27.5 rear wheel

Kinda looking a bit newer. Happy to spend that much on a frame.
  12. P

QLD FOUND (Bought 2021 XS Fuel EX as complete bike)XS dualie frame 26 or 27.5 rear wheel

Looking to move my son up from his 26" hardtail. He is on the short side of 11yrs old. Preferably a frame with tapered steerer (only forks I have spare currently) and back wheel could be 135x10 or 142x12 because I have both of those options. Head angle no steeper than 68 degrees would be...
  13. P

On the weekend got myself a second hand Scott Spark. Going to go all downcountry/upduro and see if I can keep myself from seeking out gnar on this little thing. Have been finding my Sight 29er a bit sluggish on flatter rides and the hardtail a bit rough when I just want to go for a fang...