Recent content by petertronica

1. petertronica

The stats are out into deaths and injuries in Australian sports

If I was to invent 'recreational fishing' today (as in, catch and release), the RSPCA would prosecute me for torturing animals for pleasure. Just sayin'..
  2. petertronica

The stats are out into deaths and injuries in Australian sports

"Similar injuries can have a range of causes such as head injuries where although sport is one of the activities that can lead to this injury, the leading cause are falls and transport," the spokesperson said. So, transport injuries/deaths are included? Hmm. Not really clear is it. If I'm...
  3. petertronica

New Section for ebikes for sale in the Complete Bikes section

Could we have a section in the 'For Sale' section under 'Complete Bikes' for 'ebikes'? Doesn't seem like there's anywhere to post them for sale.
  4. petertronica

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

There are some fairly sizeable jumps on the lower sections, if you're keen on hitting them then a full face might be advisable.
  5. petertronica

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have that exact same rack!! From cycling deal. I've had mine for about 8 years now! My take on it is: (bear in mind that I store mine outdoors in a dry-ish spot) Pros: It's very cheap, you can't do better at this price. It folds up extremely small, very easy to fit in your boot Fairly easy...
  6. petertronica

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I have a similar rack to the isi 2 bike rack (mine's a cheaper one and not such good quality but same securing method). The problem I have is with this method of securing the bikes - clamping down on the top tube. It doesn't matter what I put under the hooks that clamp on the frame, on a long...
  7. petertronica

Warburton trail updates

They get the wingless stonefly expert on who waffles about how it may have a negative impact on its environment, fair enough, and then at 48:56 the host says as a preamble to a question "a wingless insect may actually become extinct as a result". Just a lazy, lazy exageration intended to...
  8. petertronica

@Art Vanderlay How does the monorail go with bikes with mudguards? I'm running the flexible plastic sort of mudguard, not the solid inflexible plastic sort.
  9. petertronica

Anyone got a Saris Superclamp EX 4?

Thoughts? Review? I'm wondering how hard/easy it is to get 4 big bikes on it, I can't tell from any of the reviews if you can move the bikes side to side much so that the handlebars aren't lined up. Thanks in advance!
  10. petertronica

Does anyone know how Cascades holds up after some rain? Does the clay stick to everything and become unrideable (like Narby) or is it more like Buxton (wet but rideable). Tia!
  11. petertronica

Silvan

I rode here last weekend with the kids. Bit sad to see how wrecked the place was by the storms. It seems the worst hit area was exactly where the trails are - in one section I'd estimate 90% of the trees have come down. Temple of zoom was great, but both the other trails we went to ride were...
  12. petertronica

We rode Cascades yesterday from the Gate to the bottom. I was with my kids and some friends with their kids, aged 10, 10, 11, 11 and 12. All pretty good riders for their age (well, maybe except for me, at my age I probably should be a lot faster by now but meh). We had a blast! Everyone loved...
  13. petertronica

Frame Protection / Heli tape alternatives.

Can anyone recommend a tape that's Black? Basically, my son's frame is black & red, and we want to cover the red bits without painting it. Glossy would be better too, rather than just duct tape which is matt, and can wear and look old pretty quick. tia.
  14. petertronica

FOX Talas 32 RLC rebuild (1st gen)

I bought a bike with the same stantion wear as that, only the wear was all the way around the stantion. Don't bother rotating the stantion. Just sand it to smooth out the ridges that have developed so that the seals can seal properly. Fresh oil and Job done. I did that to my sons and it's still...
  15. petertronica

What to expect after a kid has a big crash...

My 11yo broke his elbow in lockyD #5. He's having surgery to have the screw out in about 3 weeks. You'd be surprised how quick the human mind blanks out the bad memories once everything is healed. Maybe just give that particular track/jump a wide birth for a bit once he's riding again. One plus...