Recent content by Pile

1. Pile

Mtn bike pedals for a road bike ... stupid or not?

I don't mean to be the dissenting voice, but if you don't run road pedals and road specific shoes (preferably the full carbon jobbies with the custom compression fit) how are you going to be able to hold a conversation re hand-made carbon fibre spoke nipples with all the other roadies while you...
  2. Pile

pedal systems

A riding partner loves his, but hates the cleats which are expensive and problematic. They wear quite quickly it seems. He's back to using an old set of mtb spd until he gets around to replacing them with some DAs.
  3. Pile

I don't believe I'm doing this.....

There are lots of good suggestions so far here. There are lots of ways to skin a cat, and there are lots of ways to get a first roadie that suits you. An option worth considering is looking at those LBS that do their own model house brands. They source frames from Taiwan or China from...
  4. Pile

Therapuetic Ultrasound

I have recently had treatment for a calf injury that has been recurring over the past 12mths. The most recent episode took me to a new physio who used ultrasound on the injury in treatments over two-three weeks. I used some low-grade anti inflams with it. Is it coincidental my recovery was...
  5. Pile

NSW Sold

Item: Redline Monocog 29er - Cro-Mo Med Frame. Location: Inner-Western Sydney Item Condition: Very Good, Tops. Reason for selling: Bikes + 2 Young kids = :( Price and price conditions: $700 ono Extra Info: Very good condition. Currently set up as an urban commuter, with...
  6. Pile

NSW SOLD Wilier La Triestina Alpe De Huz - 56cm

Item: Wilier La Triestina Alpe De Huz - 56cm Location: Inner West Sydney Item Condition: Fair Reason for selling: Bikes + 2 Young Children = :( Price and price conditions: $500 Pick-up only Extra Info: Frame: Alloy with carbon rear stays Groupset: Ultegra Wheelset...
  7. Pile

Husky 100 - new date June 20th

Shhhhhh. We won't care if people head over to Husky looking for trails after the good press the race has received. More space on the dirt for us.....
  8. Pile

Capital Punishment - AROC Shambles!

please ignore. sry.
  9. Pile

Back Yamma Bigfoot - (Photos on event website)

What can be better than a new event somewhere I've never ridden? Sounds like an excuse for a weekend away to me. What do you think is a better option - camping at the site (will that be an option??) or staying in Parkes or Forbes??
  10. Pile

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

Its time to get articulate. The self-funded superannuants with too much time on their hands to lobby and complain don't have a mortgage on community assets and those in the community that use them have a right to voice their concerns. Those in the local area should directly approach their...
  11. Pile

Xpedo clipless pedals

I've had no probs in the time I've had them - on a SS for quite a while now. They have taken a hammering from a pretty agricultural rider and are still doing the do.
  12. Pile

XC in the Batemans Bay area??

Its tank water only, and I am pretty sure that drinking water is not available at the camp ground.
  13. Pile

XC in the Batemans Bay area??

For different flavour and a bit of lung-busting possibly head north to Murramarang NP. A local topo will show you tonnes of trails - mostly overgrown fire trail - between the highway and the water. The climb over the trig point between Pretty and Pebbly Beaches is a good workout with lots to...
  14. Pile

Cycling Australia axes MTB program- great move guys...

That is the dilemma, isn't it. Plus, its a dilemma I'd love to discuss if the decision to be made is whether or not to fund an XC elite performance program or plough the money back into clubs, promotion and infrastructure. Sadly, the dilemma is do we fund XC or put more money into the...
  15. Pile

Bad MTB Karma - fling ticket on ebay

I don't know that a $137 sale is profiteering and undermining the fabric of the mtb community - it all seems like pretty small beer to me. Had he been selling 10 entries at $180, thats another story. We've all bought entries to races and had illness, injury, or sheer stupidity stop us from...