Recent content by Pinner

1. Pinner

Shimano brake bleed kits

In my experience the ones off eBay work fine. I just make sure to buy them in packets of decent quantity so when they swell I'm I'm not caught halfway through a job
  2. Pinner

WSMTB Del Rio club round

Hi guys, hope you had a great day racing the new track. Dad took some photos of everyone. I haven't put all of them up so just tell me what you are wearing and i'll put them up. http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n484/fast_or_last101/ Cheers, Dave.
  3. Pinner

[QLD] The Gap DJ pump track walton bridge reserve

Regarding the height of rollers. I find that taller rollers ore better for slow speed sections (as long as they aren't too tall) and smaller rollers for faster sections. Small rollers should be anyw'here from 25-50cm and taller rollers between 50-75cm. However it is all dependant on the...
  4. Pinner

new trail at delrio

Looks sweet. If you are going to call it a downhill track you will need a b line around that sand bag jump. Keep up the good work, and put more photos up as you build.
  5. Pinner

out of round or oval chain rings

I think Fabian Barel used to run them. now he jut runs different length cranks.
  6. Pinner

cleats

Nah, your thinking of Crank Brothers. I reckon Shimanos wear out from the bottom, from walking around. Can't notice any difference in the release. They last heaps long because they are steel, whereas CB are brass.
  7. Pinner

Chainguide mounts

Just measure the centres of the two lowest tabs on the mount, if it's ISCG Old like Peril says, it'll be about 47mm, if it's ISCG 05 it will be 55mm.
  8. Pinner

sold!

Looks sick! I don't have too much money at the moment so i can make an offer of $200 but not too much more sorry.
  9. Pinner

short light Bmx

Hi guys, I've done a search on Rotorburn, Pinkbike and E-Bay for a freestyle BMX and I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions about a short (wheelbase), light (overall weight) and a low stand over height for a low price. I'm 170cm tall and 60kgs, just as a guide if that helps. Thanks guys
  10. Pinner

NSW Fox gloves NEED TO BE SOLD

Items: Fox Gloves Location: Sydney Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: booty from race wins Price and price conditions: $15 o.n.o. Extra Info: PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE POSTAGE! Glove size: xs/s mens Pictures...
  11. Pinner

NSW Funn stem and pedals NEED TO BE SOLD!

Items: Funn pedals + Funn Stem Location: Sydney Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: booty from race wins Price and price conditions: Funn Viper pedals: $50 o.n.o (rrp $105) Funn Stem: $25 o.n.o (rrp $64) Extra Info: $80 for both stem and pedals PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE...
  12. Pinner

What Brake Fluid do you guys use with Downhill

Brake fluid is a non issue. As stated above, just use the right type for your brand of brake, and change it once a year or so, and bleed them properly. In your case with Shimano use mineral oil, just get the Shimano branded stuff.
  13. Pinner

Downhill Set-up

Reduces pinch flats.
  14. Pinner

sold

More like a welding problem than a design problem. The tube right next to the weld gets weakened by the heat from the weld if it's not done right. I had a couple of cracks just like that on my SX Trail in different locations. If you are the first owner, you should be able to get it on...
  15. Pinner

Crack in Carbon GT

It looks to me like it's been scratched by the chain. Note the mark on the black aluminium carrier, which lines up with the mark on the chain stay. If you are in doubt, pull it apart, lift off the flaking paint and have a good look at it.