Recent content by Pizzaz

1. Pizzaz

Another request for a three ring entry...

As it says - for a mate looking at the last minute. Just drop me a pm. Cheers
  2. Pizzaz

Convict 100 entry 4 sale...

As it says... Looking for a fair offer. Got a bit too much on at the moment! Just pm me.
  3. Pizzaz

Mont team of 6 for sale!

Currently entered as a mixed team but its all collapsed :) If anyone's keen just PM me with an offer Ta
  4. Pizzaz

2012 Highland Fling

In other words... perfect... much better than dusty dry with 6 inch deep sand drifts in fast corners that we usually get :)
  5. Pizzaz

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

I was actually thinking about how to break it up a bit to make it a little more 'accessible'... Day 1 - sensible start time then 6ft to Jenolan. 56km or so. Overnight at Jenolan (although you could stay at JC House which is at the top of the range (after the caves climb out which might be...
  6. Pizzaz

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Write up of a trip a couple of mates and I did over the weekend. Blackheath - Mittagong via 6ft track, Jenolan Caves, Yerranderie, and Wombeyan Caves... a great wander through the Blue Mountains and Kanangra Boyd national parks...
  7. Pizzaz

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

Sigh... 2013 ITT Mawson Trail Tour Divide World Solos in Canberra 2014 ITT Munda Bindi Track Simpson Desert Challenge World Solos in Scotland I'm not sure I want to even want to think about how far in brownie points deficit I'm going to be for just proposing that schedule...
  8. Pizzaz

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

Dammit - will you people stop posting stuff that makes this sound like yet another awesome adventure I need to be involved in?
  9. Pizzaz

Sydney t' Gong ride, who's in?

Yup... will be an interesting ride with this setup... 3 1/2 yr old - Chariot Trailer 1 yr old - Baby seat Dad - Mukluk Spring cycle was more effort than anticipated...
  10. Pizzaz

New event "flinders ranges outback epic"

Cause there's hundreds of those? The Mawson was a great race - sure it wasn't your typical MTB hundred k'er race but I still rate it as one of the more pleasurable experiences I've had on a bike and signed up for it for the second year... what killed the Mawson wasn't the marathon itself so...
  11. Pizzaz

MTB trail shoes

Lovin these (mavic Mantras) at the moment - was my trail shoe for BigHurt (so about 15km of hiking in the day and 1/2 I was out there...) and for anything bike-pack-y since. Carbon sole so good power transfer, proper tread so it you can walk around in them and not so lary that you look like...
  12. Pizzaz

Post your 29er!

You forgot to add versatile SupaGav... here's mine all setup for the (now postponed) weekend's bikepacking trip...
  13. Pizzaz

Armstrong Charged with Doping

Read it last week - apart from the necessary self justification (everyone else was doing it)... it was a good read and I thought an interesting insight into what it takes / took to be a pro in the doping era (and once you read the book the thought that anything significant has changed becomes...
  14. Pizzaz

Dates for CORC's 24 Hr Races and WEMBO World Solo Champs

Question is what's the cross-over between 24hr racing and Oceania champs (assume XCO?) Historically those looking to perform at XCO aren't racing solo 24hr. Not so say that some solo 24hr racers don't do well at the odd XCO event but still... From memory the CORC race attracts about 100 racers...
  15. Pizzaz

Fat Bikes

Some back of the envelope... A 'M' is 28lb (12.7) out of the box... Salsa Hubs - about 750g, Hope hubs - 580g Erikson seatpost saves about 100g or so Selle Italia Saddle - another 100 WCS Carbon Bar - about 200 Brakes (going to XO) - maybe 100? XO twisties - 100g perhaps? Thats got me sub 12...