Recent content by pretendingtoride

1. P

FOUND Bike wheel at You Yangs Wed 10 June

Someone out there left a bike wheel at the You Yangs last night that a mate picked up.... Was found at the Branch Road car park by the entry to the duckponds school.... If this is you, message me the make and kind of wheel and we can reunite you!!
  2. P

VIC Ves 2015

Check out the link to the race brief: http://ldtr.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/LDTR-Golden-Goat-Race-Information.pdf
  3. P

Snakes

It was on a fire trail heading down from the comm track... Growing up in the UK these things scare the crap out of me.
  4. P

Snakes

rode over a redbellied black snake's tail on sunday at Lysterfield.... heard the shout from my mate riding in front "SNAAAAAKE...." I scanned, scanned, scanned and there is was about to go under my wheel.... legs up and a quick prayer to hope he didnt get flicked up behind me..... had a little...
  5. P

ACT Majura 24hr

Is there any indication of the length of the course? I'm weighing up between Easter in the Alice and this race.....
  6. P

WEMBO - 2013 World Solo 24Hr Championships Canberra

I'm heading up to Stromlo tomorrow for a good, solid amount riding around the 24hr course..... Not looking forward to seeing any bloody snakes though, ffs, I hate the things, they scare the crap out of me. Its my first 24... I think the reason I'm quiet is because deep down, im crapping...
  7. P

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Thanks fella. I'm entitled to an opinion as is everyone, and its just that, an opinion. On the original topic, if the reason for the rules are to ensure that volunteers are not penalised, then thats cool and well done to all of those who volunteered during the series. All volunteers deserve...
  8. P

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

The rules are pretty crap! There is no bonus for loyalty. I would have thought that the series winner would have been the person with the most points who attended all rounds, not sure how you can win a series when you don't attend all rounds, sounds a bit stupid to me? In my opinion, if...
  9. P

World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships, 1999 - 2012.

No words that anyone writes or says will make it any easier for your courts and I feel for you! Surprises me that insurance doesn't cover it though, i would have thought 'event cancellation' would have been covered. Was it normal travel insurance, or specific bike insurance? Can you enter...
  10. P

World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships, 1999 - 2012.

Aren't the WEMBO champs in Canberra already in 2013? How pissed off/furious would you be if you'd planned to go there? Spent thousands on airfare for you and your family and trained your ass off for it, then for it to be cancelled with a months notice!! This is when additional insurance is...
  11. P

Castlemaine Rocky Riders 6 Hour, Sunday 19 August

Any chance of reloading the link to the video? Doesn't seem to be working for me?
  12. P

Scott Entries are Open for 2012

Keen to get down to Canberra to watch this and to check it out.... reckon it would be a fun weekend even if you were not riding!
  13. P

Scott Entries are Open for 2012

To those with experience, I presume a kitted out tent is the way forwards from an ease perspective..... Are gas heaters recommended too?? or is it usually ok with out them?
  14. P

Dirty Perv needs to be caught - Yarra trails - with photo

Didn't know this happened near CERES, that's Just around the corner from my place... Not that I ride the Yarra trails that much, but it does seem that the area attracts weirdos and freaks! Will keep my eyes out for that bike...
  15. P

Enduro Mag - 2 questions.

There is a magazine shop on Elizabeth St in Melbourne, think its called mag nation that sells it, along with all the uk mtb magazines and the likes.... It's near the corner of Elizabeth and Collins....