Recent content by Propagate

1. P

VIC Lysterfield Park

The LDTR crew ride out most Tuesday nights, 6pm. Great bunch and very socially focused. http://lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/index.php/topic,933.615.html
  2. P

VIC Lysterfield Park

Check out the trail meetups thread on the LDTR (lysterfield district trail riders) forum... http://www.lysterfieldmtb.com/forum/ There's usually someone from the club out there on a weekend and there's a regular Tuesday night ride too. Great bunch of people.
  3. P

VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

Mt Beauty. Wow. What a lovely place. We stayed in Bright for the weekend. Our first time up to the Alpine region, and what an eye opener. Absolutely sensational place, can't wait to go back for some exploring. Great riding up there. Very well organized event too. Loved the track, (although my...
  4. P

Aero Tucks

You're not British are you? Did you do the 2011 Cape to Cape? I saw a guy riding road sections, downhill, FAST just as you describe - holding onto the forks. It looked seriously frightening.
  5. P

VIC Lysterfield Park

You can put all the signs you like up, it's not going to stop selfish knob heads from barreling through at warp speed with complete disgregard for anyone coming the other way, regardless of who should yield. EDITED to add:-The vast majority of people I've come across up there have been very...
  6. P

converting to flatbar advice sought

Mate, just do it! Buddy of mine went flat bar and flat pedals on a Scultura and loved it. He tried for months to get used to drops and hated it, went flat and now enjoys his roadie. I like drops for my roadie, but I also have a Boardman Team CX cyclocross bike that has drops. I use it for...
  7. P

MTB iphone app

You can cache maps on MotionX on iPhone. Plot and upload your gpx file to your MotionX then set the map area to cache local to your route for off line maps.
  8. P

is there ride planner website/app?

Www.ridewithgps.com
  9. P

Man Space / Bike Shed Layout

Here's mine, freshly painted out, sorted and almost finished.
  10. P

Avantiplus Launceston?

Good man! Yes, rear wheel bearings. (29er though...)
  11. P

Avantiplus Launceston?

Cheers, will call them all in the AM see if any are open. Trashed rear bearings, unrideable till we can get it fixed.
  12. P

Avantiplus Launceston?

Anyone know if its open tomorrow? (Public Holiday 28th Jan). Only in Tas a short while and driving to Hobart tomorrow but got a major mechanical that we need to fix in the morning. Failing that, anyone know a decent bike shop in launceston or Hobart that will be open tomorrow? Thanks.
  13. P

An Open Letter To Chain Reaction Cycles

Don't know how the business side of it works, but its already happening in other areas. We're from the UK, my Mrs. orders clothes from a big UK retailer called Next. The quality is generally better than she can get here, and like Wiggle & CRC they are way cheaper, even when adding in the...
  14. P

New Garmins. 810 & 510

Have you turned on 1 second recording on your Garmin unit? By default I think they come set to "Smart". Goto System->Data Recording->Recording Interval and set it to "1 sec". This makes your Garmin GPS WAY more accurate, you might need to update to latest firmware for the option to be...