Recent content by PsyberG

1. P

Modifying D2R Shadow Trainer for 11 speed and ANT+ speed sensor

I just used some aluminium silver tape, crude but works OK.
  2. P

with the speed sensor mod on the D2R you are measuring the RPM of the cassette (which would be equivalent to rear wheel RPM were there to be a wheel). the main flywheel is 'geared up' from the rear cassette by a belt. To measure the speed I used a Garmin GSC-10, although any ant+ speed sensor...
  3. P

i dont think you have to assume any particular wheel diameter. Presumably the power curve was developed by someone whom matched RPM (rear cassette) vs power.
  4. P

So are you judging your threshold power off your Stages P.M. or from virtual power in Trainer Road and one of the corresponding resistance/power curves? If it is off the Stages then it must be pretty accurate and thus any perceived differences in your effort on the trainer versus road at the...
  5. P

I bought a second GSC-10 (but perhaps should have got something different, I'll come back to this later). I have managed to get it working OK with a strong magnet from an old Hard Disk Drive, which is simply stuck to the flywheel at the base of the cassette (no need to remove the flywheel...
  6. P

I had a play around with this and I do not think it is going to work. I was suprised just how strong a magnetic field is required (e.g. proximity and strength of magnet). Lokks like I will buy another pickup.
  7. P

I just installed TR and saw the various resistance settings. My ANT+ arrived today, still waiting for the mega magnet. I have thought about a slight variation of your set-up. Instead of buying another Garmin/Ant+ speed pickup to put on the trainer, I was hoping I might be able to...
  8. P

I read somehwere that trainer road has multiple power curves (e.g. for different resistance levels). I am just waiting for my ebay purchased magnet & ANT+ USB to arrive to investigate further.
  9. P

I just got myself a D2R Shadow and am also interested in getting it into Trainer Road. I assume you need to get a magnet and ant+ pickup so that the equivalent speed is transmitted. My question is this, how does trainer road know what degree of magnetic resistance is being applied and therefore...