Recent content by RAChad

1. R

Bureaucrat's Errors Mean closure for Manly Dam

Sad day for all Oh dear, Can I second what Pile above has advised and again urge everyone that can to attend the Council meeting on the 23rd of March? Bums on seats, aisles, doorways and on bikes outside might open their eyes as to how many ratepayers and visitors this decision affects...
  2. R

Santa Cruz Juliana

Love that bike! Have fun.
  3. R

Womens DH Bikes

Hi Hercules (and your recovering partner!), In answer to your question of what DH bikes girls out there are riding, the most popular that comes to mind is the Ironhorse Sunday. I ride one and so do 3 other girls I ride with. They're quite light for a DH bike (my '07 Expert* comes in at...
  4. R

Why dont bikeshop people want to sell women good bikes

Find a bikeshop with a female salesperson... As Riiich suggests above, serving the needs of female riders is an issue facing the whole industry, not just retailers. It's great to see many manufacturers stepping up and investing in the development of women's-specifc gear, but the challenge...
  5. R

2009 NSW DH State Series Races

Hi Wayne If I read this correctly there is to be an equivalent to "Expert Class" for Women this year in the form of "B Grade". That alone is great news! Last year there was only Sport, Elite and Masters. But now I must admit to being a bit more nervous.... Thanks.
  6. R

Coffs State Round - June Long Weekend

Hi Littleman I was number 350. On race day I wore the pink camo' Bike Shed Jersey. I have pink 888's. Daniel was number 150, but his plate was ripped and taped up. He was wearing a mat grey Giro helmet, this year's grey and red Bike Shed Jersey and black Troy Lee shorts. He rides a stab...
  7. R

del rio state prep.

Saturday Morning Will anyone be there early Saturday morning? If yes, then so will I. If not, I'll be there between 11-12noon.
  8. R

WSMTB. SOCIAL RIDE 13th april.

24/7 Ferry to Del Rio THe Webb's Creek Ferry runs 24 hours 7 days a week. The notice people may have seen in the Del Rio Resort Office was probably warning people about an exceptional circumstance where the Ferry was due to be closed for maintenance, which is usually only always done at an...
  9. R

Who is old enough to remember this gem?

Integra Helmet Yep, we all had had Stackhats... but I later loved my Rosebank "Integra", which was complete with the RADICAL clip-on visor and I think chin-guard, too. I remember they had changeable coloured outer casings so you could match your helmet with your fluro hypercolour...
  10. R

WSMTB. SOCIAL RIDE 13th april.

from M2/M7 Turn off the M2 onto Pennant Hills Rd (take the Newcastle Exit) and then follow the signs to Dural and Wiseman's Ferry (I think Old Northern Rd is the one you're then on). When you go through Maroota you'll see the signs to Del Rio Riverside Resort, where the track is. You need...
  11. R

del rio state prep.

Materials run Hi guys, I'm going up there on Saturday, and can take any tools or materials that anyone would like to donate or may need carried up in the back of Dan's ute. I can collect them from the Northern Beaches or you if you could drop them off that'd be sweet. Dan's going up the next...
  12. R

WSMTB Rnd 2 Del Rio

Thanks Wow I like that pic! Snapshots like this are more than just fun viewing-they point out different people's lines and remind me of other details about my race run. Much appreciated!
  13. R

WSMTB Round 1, the results are here...

Great That proposal sounds tops Mongoose and Trouble. I think Steve would appreciate the offer at very least. Apology accepted and all is forgotten. Not because I apparently rode with you, but because I know what it's like to say something in the heat of the moment that you regret later. And...
  14. R

Mongoose, you are quickly devaluing your apology. "im sorry, but..." doesn't cut it. An unreserved apology is what people are looking for. I don't think I was out of order. You did directly disparage the efforts of Steve by asking "...seriously guys, where the f**ck" are the results?...". You...
  15. R

Not on! I would like to second Marcus' motion of puttung "Mogoosedh" forward as the results collator for WSMTB club rounds this season. Mongoose, the above comment is not acceptable :mad:! An apology is in order. Just because we post on here under pseudonyms doesn't mean you shouldn't...