Recent content by rad rob

1. R

Wanna Ride Wanna Learn Wanna Train

what bmx track are you hitting in the afternoon?
  2. R

Car Modification and the Law

you are correct in the fact springs do not require a mod plate. however, you need to weigh up the time, hassle and possible expense in contesting such a ticket. simple answer is to just avoid it all together and don't go "cruising" where you are bound to draw such attention. hooning is...
  3. R

Friday night street rides

i'd be keen too.. with either mtb or bmx
  4. R

Pegs?? help

can't go wrong with kink lite pegs. tried and tested. plus only 185g a peg.
  5. R

Not sure what parts to buy for 4x - LOOK HERE! BEST STUFF

no way a jackal is a sub 3 pound frame
  6. R

Thompson Seat Post

i've got one... basically brand new, except missing the bolts (both snapped). they're about $10 shipped from the states to replace.
  7. R

Are Wholesalers failing us?

dude, your whole theory of freight making everything way more expensive is debunked by the fact that you can already order parts in extremely low volumes and still be cheaper by a massive margin than what the local importers can provide. therefore facts 1, 2 and 3 are all absolute crap.
  8. R

Blackmarket mob question. Drivetrain.

To put the gearing into the perspective of a BMX. 28/11 for most intensive purposes identical to a bmx. 28/12 will be slightly easier gear. possibly better due to the extra weight of a mtb, allowing you to accelerate easier.
  9. R

Removing a BMX Gyro

for anyone else attempting this in the future, the biggest socket you can fit in your headtube and the extension bar work great.
  10. R

RC Tamiya TT01

tt01r is a nice option, because it comes with the aluminium driveshaft, ball bearings and better shocks. minuses are it doesn't come with speed control or a shell. tt01d comes with drift wheels and bearings tt01e has new plastic bits and the front is more like a ta05. if you're the...
  11. R

MTB Skills and Sports Park Opening Sat 06/09/08

Post a pic of the actual park if you've got one! :p
  12. R

Sold

I've got an old primo venus chaintensioner 3/8". will have to find a photo, can't remember exact condition. be interested in a swap?
  13. R

Snow Season 2008

just got back from two weeks in queenstown. snow was sweeet! did coronet (visibility was crap), remarkables (sooo much fresh now, was awesome) and then cadrona for the rest of the time. was awesome. highly recommended going quad biking with offroad adventures for anyone planning a trip...
  14. R

How to build your own wheels

there's also this: http://www.gsportbmx.com/tech/guide_wheelbuilding.php
  15. R

plastic sprockets

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. but if a boutique brand wants to create and sell a completely out there products then all the best to them. that's what makes this world a great place. you can't deny the fact that for all these so called "ludicrous" trends, that the...