Recent content by Raf

1. R

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

My pit crew tells me that at 4am there was a run off coffee cups issued with unglued bottoms to punters and they witnessed 3 cups of coffee pour out on the ground much to the surprise of the poor customers holding a now empty cup of nothing and warm shoes. They said they pissed themselves...
  2. R

Agreed, the drama that unfolded in pit alley was such a big part of my race. The support and cheers from other pit crews and supoprt as you head back out for another one where much more motivating than the claps at the transition as you came in. I also got lost at the end. I would have...
  3. R

Thats makes me smile. Well he got a life time off them in that 24 hours. Speaking to the OS riders was a great part of the event. I helped a danish female with a flat tyre, I hope she figured out how to put the thing back on a single speed set up. I couldnt make heads nor tail of it. To every...
  4. R

Ive got some in my garden if you want it fresh.
  5. R

Giddy up! See you there.
  6. R

What I mean is, do they provide better vision due to dual light direction (or the like) or is there another reason....
  7. R

Re pictures, it was dark by the time I got out there, so no pics of Porkys. In fact not wanting to risk a broken arm myself, I went via magpies to slick rock. So there is a chance someone foudn some road base...... will let you know tomorrow night. Question - Everyone out there tonight (ok...
  8. R

Thats was good work Dreggs and Spoony. :)
  9. R

Great link. That is a great description of the lap for those who know stromlo and those who dont. I think it is spot on when it says the course highlights the best Stromlo has to offer, it truly does. I think they have it spot on, any other track wouldnt do the mountain any justice. Pork...
  10. R

I am embarrassed how long it takes me to get around, and Im scared how fast the elites will go. But it is something you will need to plan for so Im happy to help with whatever I can. I would think its a full bidon lap, maybe more depending on temp, and a couple of energy top ups each lap as...
  11. R

Truly, I am so slow, my thoughts are almost useless. But... for the sake of it.... First few laps (traffic aside), I would think the top elites will do it sub 60 minutes. Average Joe might be 1hr 25minutes. Dont be surpised to see a few people coming around in +1.40 though. I would expect...
  12. R

nice one :o
  13. R

Nah Jacks, no worries, I new you were just checking.:cool: I just feel like a sissy for saying Im scared of a part of the lap. It is the worlds after all, so I deserve a few retorts and a reasonable amount of humiliation.
  14. R

I have ridden Pork Barrel regularly for 3 years now, through good and bad, and the middle section is the worst I have ever seen it. There hasnt been a shovel of dirt on it since the Scott 24 last year, where it was tidied up nicely for the 'day lap'. Even then, sense prevailed and it was not...
  15. R

Hopefully all those who know the correct answer to this are out on the track shoveling road base onto Pork Barrel, so I will havea crack. The crit track section I beleive has or is being reworked so both are going in the same direction. The Worlds cross over, atop stromlo, is at the...