Recent content by RangaWal

1. R

Noisy rear hub

Ho would a numpty like me tell what model I have?
  2. R

Noisy rear hub

not sure, to be honest. This bike is probably overkill for me - perhaps I should move the whole thing on and stick to my Aldi 29er ;) But then I'd need to steal it back off the missus :)
  3. R

Noisy rear hub

My Giant Trance has a ratcheting rear hub, that drives the family crazy when I ride with them. Any idea what's involved in swapping it to a silent hub? Would I be better off just selling/swapping them?
  4. R

QLD WTB - XS/S bike

Sorry, my watched alerts emails ended up in SPAM. OP edited.
  5. R

QLD WTB - XS/S bike

Item: Looking for a bike for my 11yo son. Doesn't need to anything to great, just want some good quality. Location: SE Qld Price range/Willing to Pay: up to about $700 Extra Info: Prefer 27.5, but 26 would be fine on the right bikem
  6. R

Aldi 29er

All I did was put on some hybrid tyres. Ride it more than my Trance these days.
  7. R

Aldi 29er

I could, I'm just a newb to the MTB world! As far as I can tell, it works fine after a 26km ride today on bitumen/concrete. I did notice a vibration type feel at high speeds in top gear (for me, ~35-40 km/h I'd say) in the crank, not sure if it's bearings, but when I slowed down the feeling...
  8. R

Aldi 29er

Picked up one this morning. In my numpty opinion, I'm pretty happy. The finish in mat black looks great, and the welds look better than the photos. I'll make this my street bike, and swap the tyres over to something more suitable.
  9. R

Dropper post

Yep, cheapest I could find was $100. It might have been a cheaper option, but not sure how long they last. Perhaps I should have found a serviceable model, but hopefully the Manic will last long enough. Just curious - are the serviceable untis much better, and what would be the cheapest...
  10. R

Dropper post

Ordered, thanks.
  11. R

Dropper post

Thanks, but couldn't find the Bontrager near $170, and the bikeyoke is almost 3x the price of the manic (though I suspect much better, but beyond what I think I need).
  12. R

Dropper post

Finally getting around to replacing my faulty dropper (mine faulty Giant has now become unbearable). Tossing up between the KS ETEN-I 440/125mm and the X-Fusion Manic 150mm for the same price. I'm only 5'7" so I don't think travel on either of these is a concern. Any recommendations on which...
  13. R

Aldi 29er

It's back again, and for very entry level looks preety good for the money. Waddya reckon for a commuter/dirt road bike? https://www.ambmag.com.au/gallery/we-test-the-aldi-premium-29er-mountain-bike-529075
  14. R

Chain Lube

Thought this would have been discussed ad nauseum, but couldn't seem to find much. I've previously used Bike Milk and Rock N Roll blue in my very limited experience, but keen to hear what other people use, or whether I should just stick to either of these. Basic mountain biking only, but we...
  15. R

Dropper post

Any suggestion where from? I quickly found this - https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Cartridge-for-MY18-Contact-SL-and-Switch-Dropper-Seatpost/product_detail/3-43566 - not sure if it applies to my post, but I suspect it does.