Recent content by rangersac

1. rangersac

Electric Vehicles etc

Any number of appliances have replaceable batteries and are waterproof, e.g GPS units, VHF radios, head torches, bike lights. Mobile phone companies are just chunts
  2. rangersac

It has.... Been a while....

Focus are well known for roadies. Dunno much about their MTB range but as noted they seem to be well priced and look decent. I've always been curious so do us a favour, hurry up and buy one and give us a review!
  3. rangersac

Sold Bikeyoke Divine - 30.9, 185mm (sold)

PM'd with a possible trade option
  4. rangersac

Derby in Tassi

Leaving aside the 70 hour weeks you invariably end up working running a pub the biggest hassle for any new prospective owners of the Dorset is getting and retaining decent staff, and finding places within coo-ee for them to live. Getting affordable rentals in Tasmania anywhere bar some ex mining...
  5. rangersac

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hell yes! When are we riding?
  6. rangersac

TAS Repco Olympic 12 55cm square retro ride

Item: Repco Olympic 12 Steel, 55cm square road bike in tasteful Pink Cadillac retro livery Location: Hobart, Channel area. Happy to box for postage and transport to courier Item Condition: Overall in decent condition for age Reason for selling: Built for wife who subsequently underwent back...
  7. rangersac

Sold [HBT or post] Custom 2018 Cotic Rocket XL

Sold pending payment
  8. rangersac

Newly Released Bikes General

It's pretty much my do it all bike. For flat XC stuff I tend to now ride a hardtail, but anything with some chunk, from local Hobart stuff up to Maydena trips sees the Primer hauled out of the shed. Worth noting that the rider is a middle aged dad with a mortgage, and is far from fighting weight...
  9. rangersac

Trail. For the record I have a 2017 Primer, and it has been flawless aside from some internal cable rattle. I'm interested in the updated lower link frame design though as it apparently overcomes some slow speed square edged hang-ups from the first gen box link
  10. rangersac

XL out of stock already. Bank account breathes a sight of relief
  11. rangersac

Sold [HBT or post] Custom 2018 Cotic Rocket XL

Item: Cotic Rocket, 2018 XL frame, custom build Location: Hobart, can collect in CDB during business hours or Channel area after hours. Happy to box for postage and transport to courier depot Item specs: Frame: 2018 Cotic Rocket, Steel XL Fork: X-Fusion Metric, 170mm Shock: X-Fusion Vector...
  12. rangersac

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Worth getting the ticker checked out. My wife had a known small hole between the left and right atrium which was hereditary and was reviewed several times, but never considered a problem as it was so small. Over the past few years she got laid pretty low by a number of heavy chest infections...
  13. rangersac

More trails for Mt Wellington

When I'm feeling fit I try and ride up it, which quickly tells me that I am unfit. Probably ride down it once a year for yucks and giggles, as you can get a good pace up on it for a decent distance and it has a nice old school sketchiness about it.
  14. rangersac

More trails for Mt Wellington

Great news. Marcelo is definitely my favourite of the Tas trail builders.
  15. rangersac

What does your day look like?

Three kegs, impressive. In for a long time or a good time?