Recent content by RastaRuss

1. R

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

15km yesterday, 1st proper ride in 6 weeks with Covid life & a wife undergoing knee replacement. Even with a Mazza F & R (wet weather combo from now on), felt great to be out on the tracks. Optic rules !
  2. R

XC Fairlight has arrived....

Very sexy bike.
  3. R

XC Fairlight has arrived....

Your a tease Rusty
  4. R

She's tells me she'll be quite comfortable ?
  5. R

Almost home can be the most dangerous, my wife cut me off going into our driveway, didn't seem me, on the phone no less !
  6. R

AM Forbidden Dreadnought Pimp Spec

One day I'll post my Optic, production quality will be more in the crayon vein.
  7. R

AM Forbidden Dreadnought Pimp Spec

It's going to be awfully hard to beat this build & impossible to beat the PYR thread production quality. Beautiful bike.
  8. R

Chain breaker tool, which one?

My wife bought me the Abbey chain breaker for my 60th, probably the only Abbey tool I'll ever have. Beautiful tool.
  9. R

1st ride in a month, thanks to Covid. I was presently surprised on the cheat of the new wheel set, 10km with an average of 12km/h, max HR of 128bpm. Thought too many bloody Ebikes !
  10. R

Product Review Newmen Advanced SL A.30 Carbon Rims

Only a month or so old & already obsolete ! Never mind, cracker wheel set for a hack. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/newmen-launches-new-phase-30-and-beskar-30-mtb-wheels.html
  11. R

Product Review Newmen Advanced SL A.30 Carbon Rims

60km Report Weight savings (184g) noticeable, riding uphill in say a gear lower. Definitely stiffer, but not in any way a negative, some degree of compliance is present. Allows me to hold a line in rock gardens / rough, the 481 would tend to deflect a bit. They ride quiet. They do there job & go...
  12. R

Rotorua Trip

Cheers everyone for your help
  13. R

Rotorua Trip

Thank you Brain Trust & Onion Growers. Looks like flying in to Auckland, car & Air BNB in Rotorua. From there I'll see what happens, $ aren't to bad.
  14. R

Rotorua Trip

More onions
  15. R

Rotorua Trip

Even better, end of April ok ?