Recent content by Reubs

1. Reubs

Crossmax Enduro Wheels - anyone own them?

I had an older set of crossmax st from about 2011. New old stock from Crc. I had the freehub seize up twice before I sold them off. They were strong and light but I had king hubs already with some heavy rims on them which I now have built up with Zelvy 35mm rims. Lighter, stronger, more lively...
  2. Reubs

Chris King RingDrive

I've always used slick honey in both of mine, it's a similar consistency. I tend to pull it apart at least once or twice a year since its easy and have had no problems with it since new in 2008. I've also been told that tri-flo is good in a pinch. It runs a little louder but does a good job.
  3. Reubs

Five Ten Quality Going Down?

If you are getting 5 years out if a pair of riding shoes it's because you don't ride nearly enough. I recently tossed my first pair of suede impacts in the bin. They'd been relegated to trail building/ mowing shoes years ago. After a year and a bit of solid riding, the sole is worn and usually...
  4. Reubs

NSW SDG I-fly or Tioga D-spyder saddle (or similar)

Item: SDG fly (railed, not I beam) or Tioga spyder saddle Location: Wollongong- postage is 9 bucks nowadays so include that in you price Price: will pay a fair price for condition. I'd prefer white but black works fine. No rips or bent rails please. I have an I beam version I can trade if...
  5. Reubs

AM riding + site seeing along lower east coast of AUS

Most of the 'Gong trails are on Strava. Mt Keira rd is closed and dug up at the moment so most people have changed their usual AM loops to suit. Ride up mt Keira rd and jump on the ring track at the girl guide camp- this will take you up above the road work to get to CBD trail. Then cross the...
  6. Reubs

Wheel size - Let's start a fight

Sweeeet!! My carbon flat bar roadie just became a single speed 29er! All while just hanging on its hook in the garage! Surely that has just tripled its resale value.
  7. Reubs

TLD A1 helmet

If the helmet had a 661 or Kali logo on it, I'll bet my ass none of the above people would have bought it. It looks like shit and is a giant step backwards from what modern helmets are trying to achieve- maximum protection with maximum ventilation. If a helmet feels waaaaaaay (quote unquote)...
  8. Reubs

NSW SOLD. Please delete.

Ssssssssssssold.
  9. Reubs

NSW SOLD. Please delete.

Bump. Make an offer, you might be surprised!
  10. Reubs

3D printed Ti bike frame anyone?

Charge bikes had a video of this process making the dropout of one of their cross bikes a year or more back. Interesting for sure but I have to wonder about the potential for cracking in between built up layers of a material. They'll have to send me one to test!
  11. Reubs

Help ID old Ti frame

Do you know roughly how old it is? Might be worth posting it on retrobike for a better response but I think a lot of Ti bikes from the 90's were pretty much straight out of the sandvik catalog. My old boss in Vancouver was the manager of Cove bikes in its heyday and has 2 or 3 original hummers...
  12. Reubs

your favourite trail feature

^^^ wow, great photo of someone's crotch. The best trail features are usually those that can't be recreated- the ones that have just naturally occurred or have occurred with only minor digging or other augmentation. Myself and a few mates came across a natural mini halfpipe on a trail we are...
  13. Reubs

Shipping Frame From Canada

http://www.worldcargovancouver.com/ Use these guys. I've used them and they were great. I shipped my full dh bike, a full DJ bike and a heap of gear (about 50kgs all up across 2 boxes) for about $500 roughly 2 years back. It is airfreight, they buy spare space on commercial flights so they...
  14. Reubs

**PARTS** **forks, seats, brakes, wheels, cranks, chainguide, hub, accessories BLUE**

What Waldog said, use a fucking template FFS.
  15. Reubs

Anyone running a Saint Chainguide?

A few riding buddies are running them. Like any good chain guide, it just works and you don't notice it. I would buy one over e13 or mrp if I were in the market. They both rave over it.