Recent content by RichJS

1. R

Newly Released Bikes General

No Jeffsy Primus 24 (or 26) on the list. Darn. At least there's the Norco Fluid FS 24.
  2. R

ACT 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 medium

Wife wants this out of the house. I hear discounts at LBSes are drying up, as are stock levels. Get a sweet deal!
  3. R

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

A few weeks ago, I ordered a Debonair 170mm upgrade shaft to replace the standard version @ 160mm in my 2017 Lyrik. Of course I didn't know RS were days away from releasing the C1 DebonAir shaft. I lost the extra 10mm travel of the new shaft to sag under the fork's own weight. I am way over...
  4. R

Little Things You Love

They really are. The 8022a I was given in ~1984 is still going great (admittedly it's very lightly used.) I was given it cause dad upgraded to an 8060a - which died just a few years ago, and when Fluke (or the Aus distributor) couldn't fix it they sent him a new replacement for free. Wow.
  5. R

Little Things You Love

Late to the party on this reply, I know, but I saw a 2018 Anthem 29er for sale in a shop a couple of weeks ago. It was alloy, not a carbon Advanced, but I'm sure there's a few more out there. Selling because he can't tow a trailer? Hmmm, the Robert Axle Project exists...
  6. R

So if we're calling the 26" Anthem X Advanced the Sunny - then I reckon it's an N14 GTI-R Sunny. Small, quite light, fast and agile, and most of them are going to be worn and maybe a bit broken now but if you find one, it'll be cheap. The 2020 29er 2 is perhars a brand new Infiniti Q50 3.0T...
  7. R

Indeed, tho a replacement 26" frame would have been nicer. Perhaps I should just move on, maybe I'd like it with the right few upgrades..
  8. R

It was a replacement for a cracked 26" so my choices are ride it or sell it. Also considering partial trades on size L 26" XC duallies ..
  9. R

Item: 2020 Giant Anthem 29er 2 Location: Canberra - the Peoples' Republic of the Inner North Item Condition: Brand new Reason for selling: 29ers aren't my thing. I'm a luddite who wants his 26" Anthem back. Price and price conditions: $2800. It's $3800 RRP and some shops will probably do...
  10. R

Progressing from XC to AM/END/DH in Canberra

A few times since the trails were formalised, yes. I meant that the DH runs are called "corridors" which particuarly in the rock gardens can be several metres wide and so offer a large variety of line choices. IE while there's obvious A/B/C lines, arguably there are some choices that are even...
  11. R

Progressing from XC to AM/END/DH in Canberra

Maybe that the serious features are worth a stop and a quick wander, to learn the lines. Otherwise, mostly repeating everyone else: Touching Cloth / Rocksanne / Downhill at Majura - and maybe Barry aiming to go . Short and Sharp at Stromlo. I guess Three Amigos has a couple of tough tech...
  12. R

Shimano Gearbox (I'm excited)

I know how to move 250+ grams off the cassette and towards the centre of the bike, whilst increasing the range of gearing from 400-500% to 600% or more. It's called triple chainrings and a front derailleur. Would still love to buy a rohloff with STI-compatible electronic shifting. E14 looks...
  13. R

Squirmy Tyres

Trek website says 2019 x-cal 9 say 23mm rims, so you're presumably measuring the outside. Minions have very large knobs. Consider some more-XC-oriented tyres for the XC bike? Ikon / Ardent / etc? You're probably just getting used to MTB tyres. I'd be running 10 PSI lower in the rear, even...
  14. R

Customer Service Warning

Yes, but consumers have the remedy of recovering costs from the manufacturer - so it's in the manufacturer's interest to have their retailers sort out any problems. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees#who-to-claim-a-remedy-from I would put it in in...
  15. R

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Told a couple of people carrying POC helmets that they were $20 cheaper at pushy's online and they should ask for a price match, which apparently they got. I guess $7 socks are OK but everything else out the front seemed like uninspiring crap. Maxxis tyres for $50 were OK, think I got the...