Recent content by Ridenparadise

1. Ridenparadise

Nerang (Gold Coast) MTB Crisis. Everyone help please

I just heard back from Chrisafulli's office. They have contacted the club and are moving forward with a meeting.
  2. Ridenparadise

Scanlon is the local member, but no longer minister for environment. That is Minister Linane and she is the one who may sign off on the plan. Hopefully the opposition and club can leverage her for some common sense. Scanlon has been invisible since making out in the media that MTB was getting...
  3. Ridenparadise

Well, thank you to everyone who was motivated to assess and comment on this sad issue. Nerang could be a world class trail destination with >100km of trail and still not be an environmental problem, other than in a construction phase. Public comments to the draft management plan closed an hour...
  4. Ridenparadise

Bump. Only 5 days left to comment. The opposition to MTB has been lobbying hard and definitely adding supportive comments to the draft development plan public comment survey. Please add your support and tell all your riding buddies. Flow Mountain Bike have just presented a respectful and...
  5. Ridenparadise

To answer Ackland, AFAIK the club and other MTB advocacy stakeholders have attended all meetings. We have never been excluded, but in my opinion we have been stonewalled, manipulated and misled for over a decade by a land manager prejudiced against MTB without providing evidence to substantiate...
  6. Ridenparadise

Bump. Only a week left to add your public comment in favour of the Nerang MTB trail system, or it will be destroyed. MTB cannot afford to lose a legacy trail system enjoyed by hundreds of thousands for more than 2 decades. To lose it based on false accusations of environmental damage would be...
  7. Ridenparadise

The latest update is that our opposition has requested the closure of Explosions as well as all the other trails. Apparently pics of kangaroos is an indication that mountain biking chases animals away...... Please get onto the linked site and fill out the survey. Deadline for public comments...
  8. Ridenparadise

I believe that means added ranger patrols and strengthened ties with Qld Police will ensure there is no recommissioning of closed trail or new trail put in by riders through to 2025, after which I presume they will continue to prosecute those who try to reincarnate the system. A little farther...
  9. Ridenparadise

The Nerang MTB trail system is about to be destroyed by the land manager. Here are the details. Most regulars will know that in the Gold Coast hinterland between Nerang to the south, Pacific Pines to the north and Mt Nathan and Maudsland to the west is a network of trails dating back a quarter...
  10. Ridenparadise

Stolen Ibis Mojo SLR-R custom build

Stolen from inside a locked sports store room Broadbeach Qld. Date of theft unknown. Due to illness and bad weather I had not entered the room for several weeks. The bike was cable locked to a bike rack inside a room that requires a resident or staff key for access. Orange large Ibis Mojo SL-R...
  11. Ridenparadise

Qld- Nerang trail status

So in the last day or so, high up a tree, they posted a trail closed sign at the end of Never Ending Story opposite terminator. That covers the start of not just NES, but GGs, Catch Me If You Can, Raptor, Lost World, Pandora, Avatar, Super Loop, the far end of Terminator and have I left...
  12. Ridenparadise

Qld- Nerang trail status

Yes, but farmers aren't the QPWS with a self-imposed, individually-unaccountable mandate to do whatever they want (mainly SFA) with crown land despite it belonging to us, not them.
  13. Ridenparadise

Qld- Nerang trail status

This is what it looks like when established trail is destroyed to protect the environment. It's also what QPWS's backside (of Nerang) looks like. Norco Flow today. This was a DH trail/jump line with heritage. Now it's a pile of loose dirt that will wash off into the headwaters of Mooyumbin Creek
  14. Ridenparadise

Qld- Nerang trail status

Hopefully TV will pick up on this story now.