Recent content by Riderdown

1. R

Stevens Bikes Husky 100 - 30 June 2012

SCUM single track, South Coast United Mountainbikers doesn't get mentioned much but all the good bits were built and maintained by SCUM members. Cheers:kiss:
  2. R

S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

JayKays coffee van will be there Sunday for you we've attached a menu for you.
  3. R

S.C.U.M & NSWMTB AM Racing.

Hi All I think SCUM has a track record for putting on good events. Our Club Secretary, Russ Phellen, has put in a lot of work on this with support from the rest of the club. Whilst we expect to learn a lot from this type of event (what does make good AM?) we have in the past run well...
  4. R

SCUM's Funnelweb on knife edge

Hi all As President of SCUM I wished to alert the Downhill fraternity of our potential loss of Funnelweb, our Downhill Track. We are about to sign off on our Occupancy Agreement with Forest NSW but in our latest talks they have concerns about Funnelweb. These concerns seem to change everytime...
  5. R

NSW State XC Championships

This is why the Elite go first. Any snake bite injuries should be considered a Workers comp claim due to their enormous sponsorship deals.:distrust:
  6. R

Only two sections of fire road, one at start, a lengthy climb that leads into technical single track ideal for sorting out the pack, the other fire road is also on climb and is well placed for overtaking. So in a course of 7.5 km we have maybe 2kms, tops, of fire road, all of which will allow...
  7. R

The track is open but will not be marked out till Saturday morning (we'll try to do it early). All SCUM tracks will be properly marked out once we have finalised our ocupancy agreement with State Forest but till then they are there and you can ride them but you need to find them, sorry. Is it...
  8. R

For those with little ones we've put in a small track for the kids near the event center so that they can get dirty on the SCUMBAG, SCUM Boys and Girls track.
  9. R

The Husky 100ker

SCUM side From SCUM we were dissapionted it rained Saturday night as we had some great drying weather in the week leading upto the HUSKY100, had the race been Saturday it would have been super fast with tacky smooth tracks everywhere. We've worked hard on our tracks and had confidence in them...
  10. R

Superbowl With the DIYMTB touch Having spent the best part of the last year watching Duncan from DIYMTB shapeup SCUM's Superbowl circuit and his uncanny habit of finding sniggings tracks the coarse for this years NSW State XC Championships should be a beauty.
  11. R

The Husky 100ker

Thanks from SCUM I wished to thank BlackHeart Events on behalf of South Coast United Mountainbike club for the postponement of "THE" Husky Enduro. We SCUM members take a great deal of pride in our trails and are continually working at maintaining and improving them for all to enjoy. The rain...
  12. R

Leaf blowers?

Any long term effects of leaf blowing? Members of my club love blowing the tracks free of those pesky leaves, my veiw is that they actually help to protect the trail surface and should be considered part of a "well built" track in a forrest. We have had it mentioned in our enviromental...
  13. R

Look past the obstacle!

You know how they say "If you don't want to hit something don't look at it" Saw a snake yesterday!!
  14. R

650b in Australia

The 36" looks great with my only concern being getting wedged in behind the seat when getting weight over back wheel, although the 12.5 inch rear would work. On 650b, I've had a chance to see Xfusion velvet with 650b and that had plenty of clearance. Tyre and rim choice are an issue, there...
  15. R

X fusion forks

I've been running the new velvets for 8 months and swear by them. the old velvets, now velours, where good to but these are stiffer and have lockout if you wish to use it. I'm a 95kg rider so they have been tested and have out lasted my bike frame. Very good fork!!!